Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ten films I would really like to see right now (in no particular order);

1) Good Night and Good Luck (it looks interesting).

2) Proof (because I have seen clips and Jake looks more gorgeous in it than I have ever seen him before. I'm talking possibly higher than Jack Twist. And that's saying a lot.)

3) Jarhead (for more or less the same reason).

4) The Godfather (just to see what the fuss is about).

5) Casablanca (ditto).

6) The Time Traveler's Wife (I know it hasn't been made yet, there are no actors confirmed in the lead roles etc but I'd still like to see what they do with it.)

7) Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story (OK, you got me.)

8) The Constant Gardener (why is it called The Constant Gardener, anyway?)

9) The Last Kiss (with our boy Zach Braff at the helm).

10) Crash (just to see whether it was deserving of that Oscar).


Although saying that, I'm not a firm believer in the award trade anyway. I mean, Brokeback Mountain didn't win best film Oscar. But so what? It's still a fantastic film, and I still love it, so who cares?

(But Jake G did win a Best Supporting Actor Bafta, which is brilliant anyway.)

*sigh* Ho hum...must skadoodle. I'd be surprised if anyone commented on this; 'tis pretty boring. But if you've seen any of the films on that list, comment and tell me if they're any good. Farewell...

11 Comments:

  • Because the poor girl is CONSTANTLY GARDENING.
    tragic.
    ADD BENNY AND JOON FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ADD BENNY AND JOON.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:53 PM  

  • I liked the Time Traveller's Wife.
    It made me cry a little when he was in the car.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:54 PM  

  • Ohohyes.
    ADD BENNY AND JOON.
    Ok, see now *I* have to make a list.
    Damn you Ros.

    Also, I'm feeling proud.
    Because I *didn't* watch any Johnny Depp films just because he was in them.
    So ha.

    xD

    By Blogger Anna, at 4:47 AM  

  • We made romantic couples lists.
    Read them.
    :D

    By Blogger Anna, at 11:01 AM  

  • Good night, and Good Luck. Cracking film, very smart, very beautiful to look at.

    The Godfather. Watch part 1 and part 2. Part 1 works on its own, but with part 2 in the mix as well you really get the full history of the characters.

    Casablanca. If you don't cry at this we will have to formally declare you have no soul. Sorry about that but it is just a lovely film!

    Stewie Griffin. BWAH! Family Guy fan!

    Crash. I know it got a lot of criticism for pandering to liberal attitudes/platitudes, but I actually thought it was really good.

    My friend saw Jarhead and said it was pretty depressing...

    PS tell us what you think of Donnie Darko director's cut version...

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 12:41 AM  

  • Wow.
    Seems like I should have seen those films.
    And Lisa, is that Willow in your itty little picture? I think it is.
    Willow is on my most romantic couples list along with Tara.
    And they're also on Hattie's, and so is Oz.

    By Blogger Anna, at 1:04 AM  

  • Yeah, that's my masquerading identity. Just to confuse everyone. Sorry about that!

    Watched Graduation Day (Buffy eps) recently where Willow and Oz finally get it on. Awh, soooo cute!

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 5:11 AM  

  • hi ros, how are you?
    I've been in scotland so just thought I'd say hi.
    Oh yeah - PUT BENNY AND JOON ON YOUR LIST!

    By Blogger Megan, at 5:50 AM  

  • Wow, I want a masquerading identity now.
    And I haven't seen any Oz at all.
    Much to everyones dissaproval.
    But I do love Willow and Tara.
    And I should probably tell you how horrible Kennedy is or Hattie will.
    Not that you don't know.
    I made no sense then.
    Ah well.

    By Blogger Anna, at 6:32 AM  

  • Oh, Ros, I almost forgot!
    What did you get for your GSCE's?
    I won't be around on msn tonight so make sure you tell me here.
    *is crossing fingers for you*

    By Blogger Anna, at 6:34 AM  

  • um ros in confused (as usual after reading your blog) but was brokeback mountain mentioned there? Coz i'm really surprised if it wasnt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home