Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Friday, August 18, 2006

Ah, there's something so lovely about being inside drinking soup and reading whilst a storm rages outside...dum de doo...

Anyway, I have a very interesting tidbit of news to report to you.

First off, I may be featured in an article in The Observer on microtia! Hahaaaaa! I've already had a woman ring me up and interview me over the phone, and they said they might print before and after pictures. Joyfulness!

(For the record, microtia is a very rare condition where an ear or ears are very distorted and weirdly-shaped on the outside, and a surgeon called David Gault has developed a way to fix them using a skin graft operation or two, and I had two operations on my right ear in 2004. And apparently people are interested in it because it's relatively new, and they wanted to talk to me because I'm one of the few who's had it done.)

So that's that. But it's not all.

Apparently, they want to put my name forward for a programme on surgery on ITV as well.

!!!!

I'm going to be on TV! Me! The curly-haired loon! Possibly. I don't know yet. But it's definitely lurking in the shadows; they called Dad today (I was still sleeping...well, it's August!) and asked permission to possibly use me for the programme, and he said I wouldn't mind.

So on on the one hand I'm excited, on the other hand, if I don't photograph well, I CERTAINLY won't look very appealing on screen. And plus I have a horrible voice as well. I think so, anway.

So...that's the news. It not *definitely definitely* happening yet, but I'll let you know if it comes to fruition.

Good grief, that was a loud thunderclap. Still raining furiously; I love watching it rain, does anyone else?

Anyway, better vamoose. Going swimming with the Chernobyl lot.

Rosby out and about and out.

Jake G forever.

8 Comments:

  • Out of interest Ros, what is with this putting asterisks around random words? (You did it in a comment on Jack's blog too) In my (admittedly somewhat large) experience of geeky internetness, it generally denotes some sort of action, i.e. *grins* or even *gets bored and wanders off*, but you seem to have some other use for it!
    Sorry, just wondered.

    Oh, and btw, there is of course no need to go to a swimming pool to swim, just try outside in the street at the moment!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 AM  

  • xD
    *When you type in these it means thats what you are doing, or it can be used as an emphisis like when you type something in italics or underlined or whatever.*
    And that sounds great Ros.
    When your famous, if you forget about me, I'll come and kill you with a blunt axe.
    Renting Chocolat tonight *finally*

    . . . JOHNNY DEPP.

    *cough*.

    *wishes she could say Johnny Depp Forever at the end of her posts without being horribly teased*

    PS. The DMC Jerry the Frog was amazing and all my piratey Gaia friends loved it.

    PPS. I WENT SWIMMING TODAY, WHILE WATCHING THE RAIN THROUGH THE BIG GLASS DOORS.
    *feels special*
    :DDD

    PPPS. I wrote too much again, didn't I?

    By Blogger Anna, at 11:04 AM  

  • woop woop you go ros. If you get the chance when you're big and famous advertise bill and butch so it becomes a worldwide smash hit. But even I got a taste of fame the other day when I rang into a radio station and took part in a live competition! Ha ha ha. But you'll be big and famous in no time at all, Ros. Who knows, maybe David Tennant will soon be begging for your autograph!


    I agree with 'anonymous', *what* *is* *the* *point* *in* *these* *freaking* *astericks* *?*

    By Blogger Sophie B, at 1:01 PM  

  • It's alright, anna's got the hang of it now with the *coughs* and the *wishes...* etc.
    On the other hand, if I wasn't so much of an internet geek I wouldn't even notice things like this...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:23 PM  

  • Wow tv thing is cool you'll be fine very excited over here oh I love rain too SO much better than sun.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:52 PM  

  • Hattie was either talking very fast there and not breathing or has rebelliously abandoned punctuation.
    xD

    By Blogger Anna, at 6:33 AM  

  • Fame?! woo hoo indeed!

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 8:47 AM  

  • I have a deformed ear. My right one too. Only slightly though - it's pleated at the top, so has a little point. I wouldn't have it corrected though, as I rather love it. It makes me look like a wicked witch.

    Definitely keep us posted if you're going to be on TV...

    By Blogger Marie, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home