Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Thursday, October 26, 2006

We live in a beautiful world...

...and thanks to Anna for introducing me to the Garden State soundtrack. Hurrah!

Holy hell, I'm bored. Spent most of this morning working, then had lunch and just couldn't face going up to that horrible old computer and carrying on something that I'm giving up as soon as I can, anyway. Damn yeast and damn freshwater plants.

Anywaaaayyy, I know that technically I'm trying to avoid this being my BBM venting area, but...I have heard tell that there is going to be a 2-disc version of Brokeback Mountain coming out in January! Eeeeeeeeeeee! There hasn't been much information so far, but the general concensus is that disc 2 will contain lots of lovely extras that weren't included on the original version (i.e. Deleted scenes). So hurrah. I just hope it's all true.

Moving on, um...muh. I've been very lazy today, although I did have an excellent day yesterday; I met up with Anna and Megan and went to see The Devil Wears Prada, which was excellent. And afterwards we went back to Anna's house, ate pasta and pesto, watched Scrubs ('My Drug Buddy', containing one of my favourite Dr Cox moments EVER, but we'll come to that later), and played...what was it called? Buzz? Some kind of music Playstation 2 Game that I was completely crap at, despite knowing quite a few of the answers.

And me and Anna went through squeeing fits at a poster for The Last Kiss, and Jake Gyllenhaal (in brooding, black hat, saying-goodbye-to-Ennis-but-holding-in-emotions cowboy mode) on a poster for...was it Sky Films? I'm not sure. And we laughed at Megan comparing the cinema to an airport, because it had escalators.

And there was a lot of SSSSHHHing outside, and damn Anna, she made me hysterical in a crowded public place.

And and and and and. I could go on. But the funniest moment by far was this:

[The Scene - Anna fiddles with the hi-fi, trying to get the Garden State CD to work. On top of the hi-fi is a DVD for Nightmare on Elm Street.]
Me: Hey, is that Johnny Depp?
Anna: [immediately looking around] WHERE???

So hum diddly hum diddly. I should go now; I'm not in a very creative mood. It's odd; sometimes I'm like Cassandra Mortmain and the words just come without me having to try, and sometimes I'm...not. Like today.

Farewell..

11 Comments:

  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    I SAID CINEWORLD LOOKED LIKE AN AIRPORT AND I WANTED TO GO SEE DEVIL WEARS PRADA.

    But then again, I walked past Johnny Depp's house today...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:44 AM  

  • Yes, I know, oh so lame but now I am really really sad because I wish I went with you.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:45 AM  

  • It was Crybaby actually.
    And a 2 Disc Pirates DVD comes out on Decemeber 5th.
    HA! I WIN.

    Hattie you are so not allowed to be sad you queen of interesting objects you.

    By Blogger Anna, at 4:39 AM  

  • Ros, to be fair you only knew the answer and still got it wrong thrice.
    So it wouldn't have mafe a huge amount of difference

    By Blogger Anna, at 4:40 AM  

  • Lol. I actually guessed that. I must go babysit. Sigh.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:30 AM  

  • LOLZERZ my name is Anna and i love johnny... hes amazing.. the irony is delicious :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM  

  • is the devil wears prada good? i can't decide whether to go and see it or not...

    By Blogger lost-in-dreams, at 12:13 PM  

  • yeah go for it - its quite good.
    OH my god, i forgot how funny it was when anna said 'where?'
    and her face was all hopeful.
    It really was very funny.

    By Blogger Megan, at 1:11 PM  

  • Oh how high-larious.
    My face shone with hope and joy, only to be crushed seconds later with the realisation that such dreams could never come true.

    By Blogger Anna, at 12:40 AM  

  • hehehe

    By Blogger Megan, at 3:40 AM  

  • aww poor ickle anna!

    By Blogger lost-in-dreams, at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home