Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Had a very, very liberating moment today.

We were all in the form room (well, I say all, but in reality it was just me, Tash, Lucy, Martin, Emily and Mike. And was Kat there?) and I'm busy jabbering away at Lucy and Tash about something most probably non-sensical, and I could see Martin in the corner of my eye either imitating me or making fun of me in some kind. And so:

"Martin, whatever you're saying behind my back, you can say to my face."

"He wasn't actually saying anything."

"For God's sake, Mike, I'm not deaf! What was he saying?"

"He was just saying you're bi, is all."

"Well...what exactly was the point in that? I mean, I could whisper 'Ooo, Martin has brown hair!' behind his back, but it wouldn't really work, would it?"

"Well it hardly matters, because you're not bisexual, are you?"

"Yes I am, actually."

[long pause]

"D'you have a problem with that?"

The way I see it, there's not really much point in denying it, is there? What pisses me off is the fact that if you're "bi" (urgh; such a stupid word) everyone thinks you fancy your friends, which I don't. And it scares a lot of people. Why is it such a big deal?

Anyway, so it was nice having one up on Mike earlier, even if he did go on to ask the usual question about which girl in the year I found most attractive. I get the feeling he won't use it as a joke so much anymore. Hurrah!

Still...I wish there weren't so many bigoted people around.

So, to sum up...stand up to Mike Thomas. Because he is a stupid prick who can easily be thwarted. Harhar. And remember this sage piece of dialogue from The Mummy (totally brilliant film):

[drunkenly] "I may not be a treasure hunter, or a...bone seeker, Mr O'Connell, but, I am proud, of what I am!"

"Which is...?"

"I...am a librarian!"

Peace out.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home