Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Just viewed The Shining for the first time.

It...is...awesome! It's fantastic! It's easily the scariest film I've ever seen. You get so used to watching slasher flicks for so long that you forget that this is true horror; Jack Torrance hacking through a bathroom door with an axe whilst his family try and escape through the window. Or Danny croaking "Redrum. Redrum. Redrum." over and over again. Classic, and I love it. Definitely going on the favourites list.

Right, anyway, psychotic fathers aside...

I got another A in Tae Kwon Do! Hurrahh!!!! I am now a yellow belt and have moved onto learning my next pattern, which is predictably extremely hard to start off with. But still; 2 As in a row! Happiness...

Apart from that...meh...it's been an uneventful few days. Work, work, work and more work. Although there was one slightly strange incident a couple of nights ago where I think I managed to sleepwalk out of my bedroom and end up sitting in an empty bathtub...

(I say "think", because I'm not entirely sure whether I actually did, or whether it was just a dream. I seriously think I may have done; I remember being almost asleep but a tiny bit awake, and getting into the bath, and then hearing someone come out of my parents' bedroom and realising I had to get back. Hmm. I'm a weirdo.")

Anywayyyy...um...ah sod it, there's nothing to write. I've been immersed in film director dreams lately (making dreams your master...damn Rudyard Kipling for making me feel guily) and ideas for film plots and techniques and devices. Ho hum.

...OK, that post managed to publish itself without me pressing any buttons. Has my laptop decided to revolt?

Ouch, stiff neck. And I'm seriously creeped out now. Maybe I shouldn't watch any more horror films in the pitch dark. Damn Jack Nicholson.

Goodnight!

P.S. One little query: "Herrrreee's Johnnyyyyyy!" Can someone possibly explain that?

8 Comments:

  • well done with Tae Kwo Do!
    uneventful?
    sounds more interesting that what i do. For example, the bath thing.
    how strange...

    By Blogger Megan, at 2:27 AM  

  • i thought u got an A+ last time in tae kwon do

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 AM  

  • DO YOU KNOW THE MUFFIN MAN?

    Not really. Hello everyone.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:05 AM  

  • "Here's Johnny" refers to the Johnny Carson programme, a talk show (along the lines of David Letterman) that was huge in America at the time. At the beginning of each episode, just before Johnny Carson came on stage, someone would introduce him by saying "Heeeere's Jooohnny!" In the film, Jack Nicholson improvised the line.

    Now go off and have some fun. All work and no play makes Ros a dull girl... All work and no play makes Ros a dull girl...

    By Blogger Marie, at 1:48 PM  

  • I read a really good article about the Shining once that said the 'book' that Torrence is writing was actually a post-modern exercise in literature (different use of fonts, emphasis etc).

    Just thought I'd share that titbit of theory with you...

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 5:43 AM  

  • Hello, great site, I found a lot of useful information here, thanks a lot for Your work!
    With the best regards!
    David

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 PM  

  • Good afternoon.I should say, that Your site is really great. Design, layouts, structure, logos...Everything is so awesome!Thanks a lot once more!Iam deffinetely bookmarking this site!
    With the best regards!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:45 PM  

  • Great design, useful info!This resourse is great!Keep it up!With the best regards!
    Frank

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home