Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I present to you; a tribute to Dr Cox:

"You'd better go ahead and enjoy this while you can, Bob, because if your evil genie goes ahead and grants your wish and I'm gone forever, then the only one you're going to be able to contend with around here is yourself. And when you really get to know *that* person, oh, dear God, you'll scream so loud that Satan will want to tear up that contract he made with you at birth just so he can get some sleep."

And, how could we forget:

"Newbie, the only way you could be less productive right now is if you were in fact the wall in which you're leaning against, of course, then you would be providing some jackass with a wall on which to lean against and reflect on what a jackass he truly is. I know, here it's a conundrum, but don't you worry about it, I'll tackle that one right upstairs. In the meantime, you could at least pretend to be doing some work, and right about now, even though you don't have your basket, its just a terrific time for you to skip away, Shirley... skip away... skip away... skip away, skip, skip, skip to my loo, woohoo!"

And, of course:

"Well, gosh - I guess I became a doctor because ever since I was a little boy, I just wanted to help people. I don't tell this story often, but I remember when I was seven years old, one time I found a bird that had fallen out of its nest, and so I picked him up and I brought him home, and I made him a house out of an empty shoebox. [starts laughing] I became a doctor for the same four reasons that everybody does - chicks, money, power and chicks."

Sorry to bore you, but John C. McGinley is an utter genius.

Byee!

12 Comments:

  • John C. McGinley is in Platoon.
    With, you guessed it, Johnny Depp.

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:36 AM  

  • anna!!!!!!!!
    stop reffering everything back to Johnny Depp!
    lovely ros actually talked about scrubs which she knows you love and you still talked about something else.
    i'm dissapointed in you.
    good quotes ros by the way.

    By Blogger Megan, at 10:53 AM  

  • J'aime le Scrubs! My favourite quote (or, one of them) is the one from Elliot...

    Remember the other day when you told me I had pit stains? I have cried every 15 minutes on the half hour since you told me that. I'm racked with self-doubt, I have panic attacks, I'm claustrophobic, germophobic, phobiaphobic. I talk to myself, I talk to my cats, I talk to three separate shrinks about the fact that my cats often respond to me in my mothers voice. And yesteday when that stupid pretty surgical nurse handed you a pair of latex gloves, I almost killed the guy whose leg I was stiching up because I couldn't stop thinking of the two of you having sex on a box of steaks. Why a box of steaks? Because my father had an affair with a female butcher. And as I mentioned before, I am insane.

    Good times.
    Yasmin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:45 AM  

  • Oh so weird. As I read that, my sister had JUST watched that bit on tv in the background.

    I think there are lots more good Dr Cox quotes by the way.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:16 AM  

  • wow wierd.
    thanks for that comment Yasmin
    :)
    not that this is my blog...
    hats is right, but Ros could hardly fit all his good quotes on could she?

    By Blogger Megan, at 11:15 AM  

  • Well. Yeah.


    Shut up Megan.



    *hug*

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:26 AM  

  • "I talk to my cats, I talk to three separate shrinks about the fact that my cats often respond to me in my mothers voice"

    Scrubs is so contradictory.
    CATS HATE ELLIOT!

    By Blogger Anna, at 3:19 AM  

  • . . . MEGAN SMELLS!

    By Blogger Anna, at 3:20 AM  

  • sob

    By Blogger Megan, at 4:57 AM  

  • Note to self: need to rewatch some eps of Scrubs urgently...

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 8:50 AM  

  • Anna, she was mid rant! You can't expect it to make sense!
    Cheers Megan! :-D
    Yasmin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 AM  

  • Hey,

    What is it with girls fighting?

    BigMike


    [url=gross-videos.com]gross-videos.com[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home