Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Friday, September 22, 2006

OK, I'm as sympathetic to a crash victim (or a flip victim) as much as the next person, but surely if you're driving at 300 miles an hour, it can't go without consequence, can it? Surely there are laws against driving that fast?

Anyway, Kat has been nagging me to post most of the day, and I tried to earlier, but Mrs Ball was observing me closely with those hawk eyes of hers, so I couldn't during the lesson.

And plus, I really haven't had anything incredibly exciting or interesting to post about. I sit myself in front of the laptop to post here and all that seems to come out of my mouth is Jake Gyllenhaal or Brokeback Mountain. I must try and stop it.

It was an interesting lunchtime, actually. It was chucking it down with rain and Anna wasn't around, so me, Kat and Tash retreated back into the form room with a bunch of other people, including at least two snogging couples. Urgh.

Anyway, I'm not sure how it started, but we were poking each other insessantly for a while, then Kat desisted after I kept yelling "RAPE!" And I'm not sure how it progressed from there, but I ended up making a lot of jokes about how Kat and Tash are, and I quote, "Raving, closeted, kinky lesbians." Which sparked off this:

Mike: You and Kat are lesbians?
Rosby: Oh God, yes. And we rope Tash in as often as we can. Sometimes literally.

Which prompted Tash and Kat to freak out completely and start throwing things at me in order to shut me up. But it was so worth it. Heehee.

Also had a bizarre and difficult time trying to explain to Kat how you can tell sex scenes in films are imminent. For instance, we're watching Romeo + Juliet in English, and we've just got to the part where Romeo climbs through Juliet's window after he has killed Tybalt; he's soaking wet, just committed murder of her cousin, and both of the newly-weds are pretty upset. The room is lit with candles, she is wearing a nightdress, etc. It's difficult to describe exactly what the mood is, but you can just tell that they're about to, as I tried to explain to Kat. Unfortunately she picked up on the fact that I said something to the effect of, "If two people in a film are both upset they usually end up having sex.", and wouldn't let it go all day.

And I didn't mean that literally; it just happens a lot. When there's been an emotional upheaval (in the film world, I mean) the protaganists (the ones who have deep-seated feelings for each other, anyway) will meet, possibly argue, then kiss passionately, then...you know the rest. Me and Kat have a bet going on to see if I'm right about what will happen next in R + J.

And Kat had to get Binnie involved, as well, damn her:

Kat: Binnie, would you have sex with Ros if you were upset?
Binnie: What???
Kat: Well, Ros has this theory that if two people are upset then they end up sleeping together.
Rosby: For the last time, I didn't *mean* it like that!
Kat: Well, would you?
Binnie: If I was upset? Well...probably not. Maybe if I was suicidal, but...

Whereupon I started hitting him with a history book. Hmph.

Anyway, must toodle off and have something to eat. I have to be self-sufficient for the next couple of days; Mum and Dad are away for the weekend and Joe sure as hell isn't going to cook me anything.

Farewell...

11 Comments:

  • D<
    It's his *job*.
    I love Richard Hammond.
    He's so cool.
    I hope he's ok.

    By Blogger Anna, at 4:12 PM  

  • yeah same here.
    i predict that your parents are celebrating your mum's birthday in Paris?
    Am i right?
    But anna's right, Richard Hammond is amazing and they said he had a 50/50 chance of survival, but now apparently he's getting better, so that's good.

    By Blogger Megan, at 12:45 PM  

  • I'm sorry Ros, you say things like that, but you can't understand why people tease you about being a lesbian?
    meh. it sounds funny anyway.


    Mrs Ball disturbs and upsets me.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:58 PM  

  • Yeah, he's been moved out of intensive care.

    By Blogger Anna, at 1:32 AM  

  • WWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

    HOW DARE YOU CRITISISE RICHARD HAMMOND HE IS MY IDOL

    >:(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:15 AM  

  • who was that?
    but Richard Hammond was my favourite presenter on Top Gear.
    fingers crossed he gets better

    By Blogger Megan, at 4:21 AM  

  • interesting that we seem to have a bet going, first i've heard of it

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:52 AM  

  • gawd, you would know who i was if you clicked on the link. duh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM  

  • oh right.
    sorry.

    By Blogger Megan, at 11:46 AM  

  • Lol.

    *MegHug*

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:28 AM  

  • what did you say?
    I cann't understand,because i'm Chinese.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home