Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Saturday, July 01, 2006

WHAT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I am in two completely different minds here.

On the one hand, I am PISSED at Russell. What the hell is he doing??? OK, so the Cybermen are back, that's partially acceptable, but THE DALEKS???

This man just won a Bafta! What the hell is he doing? Is he so desperate for ideas that he has to dredge up the old ones? You can't bring an enemy back three times, can you? They died! Twice! How're you supposed to pull it off a third time? And remember the series 1 finale? He's just following the same pattern...AGAIN! He doesn't seem to have put any thought into it, simply reused other people's ideas.

OK, so I'm angry about that part of it.

But on the other hand...wow! That episode was actually fantastic! And the Dalek entrance was great; wasn't expecting it at all. And it was well-written, too.

So all in all...well, as I said, in two minds. I think it's a bit of a dumb idea, but I have confidence in Russell (if I just push Love and Monsters and Boom Town out of my mind) that he CAN pull this off. After all, the man has written some truly fantastic episodes in the past, so he must be able to do something here.

Still...what is it with him? Boom Town, brought back an old enemy, Parting of the Ways ditto, Love and Monsters, got some kid to do it for him.

So yes. Pissed and pleased at the same time. Not sure how that works, but there you go. Pissed at the idea, pleased at the way he's presented it so far.

Gotta go. Will post when I have more time.

COMMENT!!!

...and Rosby is OUT.

*door bangs shut*

12 Comments:

  • I agree that I TOTALLY did not see the dalek thing coming so THAT was a big plus. Perhaps I'm a little more forgiving, but I'm less bothered about recycling (stories that is, not ACTUAL recycling, which is of course A Good Thing).

    And erm, for the record, BeBo scares the bejesus out of me. Not sure why...

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 8:18 AM  

  • Well, I must confess I did see it coming and if you tune in to my blog on Monday, I'll reveal all the little clues I think will explain it all: let's just say it continues the Time War arc and makes sense. Plus you have to imagine the Daleks have read the Bible. But I'm probably wrong. My theories usually are.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 AM  

  • I thought everything except Mickey and the Daleks (good band name!) sucked huge. So we are on either side of a Who divide this week Rosby.

    By Blogger Marie, at 2:31 PM  

  • I didn't see the Daleks coming. And I like the whole thing.

    Heh - Mickey and the Daleks - LOL!

    Actually Mickey's reappearance was one of the few bits I didn't find at all convincing.

    By Blogger Rob, at 6:35 PM  

  • On 'Dr Who Confidential' RTD explained that the Daleks came back because "that's what the Daleks do!".

    Griping aside, the emergence of the Daleks from the sphere-thing was probably the best moment of Dr Who so far. I'd heard the rumours but dismissed them, so it was almost a complete surprise - which is a minor miracle in the age of the Internet.

    It all rests on next week's episode though - if it's brilliant then all will be forgiven, if it sucks then there'll be calls for RTD's head on a spike (at least from me). Worryingly, I thought that the Deus ex machina conclusion of the first year sucked, saved only by the regeneration.

    Hopefully this time will be different, and the Daleks vs the Cybermen (vs the Doctor) will become Dr Who legend.

    By Blogger Matt M, at 9:14 AM  

  • You can't bring an enemy back three times, can you? They died! Twice!

    Off the top of my head, the Daleks have died, completely and utterly, to a "this is the final end", no-coming-back level, at least nine times now since 1963, not including books, audios, etc. Here's to the tenth.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:21 AM  

  • Ros, dont be stupid. You can never quite kill the daleks off, doctor who wouldn't be the same. i agree with the matt dude, you need to see dr who confidential to understand.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 AM  

  • please rosby, stop obsessing so much bout dr who! you might commit suicide during the summer with no new episodes to watch! also david tennant is a chicken, but i'm starting to see what you mean bout him being vaguely good looking! i said starting to see!! oove you really, but stalking him is taking it too far!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:18 AM  

  • Hi people
    I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:57 AM  

  • Wow! Easy to find helpful information. Congratulations!
    - www.blogger.com a
    samsung ringtone
    motorola ringtone
    sony ericsson ringtone
    nokia ringtone

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 AM  

  • Cool website! Good work. Good resources here. Very nicely done. I will be back!
    - grapegirl.blogspot.com 2
    07 car civic honda
    buy used car
    car undefined used
    used car bergen
    used car oakland
    used car greensboro
    used car raleigh
    used car killeen
    used car vallejo
    used car tacoma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:32 AM  

  • Real nice! Keep up the great work. Good work. Enjoyed the visit!
    - www.blogger.com j
    http://mosquitoringtone1.4x2.net mosquito ringtone
    http://freenokiaringtone1.4x2.net free nokia ringtone
    http://freeverizonringtone1.4x2.net free verizon ringtone
    http://mp3ringtone1.4x2.net mp3 ringtone
    http://nokiaringtone1.4x2.net nokia ringtone
    http://freemotorolaringtone1.4x2.net free motorola ringtone
    http://freemp3ringtone1.4x2.net free mp3 ringtone
    http://samsungringtone1.4x2.net samsung ringtone
    http://freepolyphonicringtone1.4x2.net free polyphonic ringtone
    http://britneyspearsringtone1.4x2.net britney spears ringtone

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home