Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Anatomy of a verbal bitch fight

Oh dear. I knew it was going to happen some time. I mean, ever since our two sides split apart a bitch-fight has been in the cards, sooner or later.

Eek. Not looking forward to it.

Long story, but basically there's been a large argument about a tennis match, which escalated into Maddy, Hannah, etc calling Tash a liar. Tash! Tash is the least person you would expect to be called a liar. She is the most honest person I know. And she isn't a muck-raker, either. But...yes, it has happened, and I get the feeling it is not over. Maddy has left a bitchy comment on Tash's bebo, and I have leapt in to defend her, which means now I'm more involved in the whole fandango than I was before.

I mean, I'm on Tash's side, obviously (anyone who knows Tash well should know that she is a very, very good person and doesn't make trouble for other people, ever. She's just not like that), but I don't want to get roped into arguments which will doubtless lead to upset. Maybe. I don't know.

Although saying that...it wouldn't make much of a difference. Hannah, Maddy etc haven't actually talked to me for months now. The only thing is, they're all knitted together, so if you do something to annoy them they all leap out to the defence. And there are more of them than us.

What amused me was that Emily (part of the enemy group, so to speak), despite doing History, has not caught onto the subject of bias:

Me: Tash is not a liar!
Emily: Well...just talk to Maddy and Hannah.

Is she simple? Consider the source, woman! Honestly. I mean, I know me and Kat are biased towards Tash's point of view, but that's only because we know her extremely well and know that she isn't the kind of person they think she is. Not at all. And if you met her, you'd think that too.

But their group have such a lot of pull...and we don't...

Girl mentality is so complicated. Nobody's ever right and nobody's ever wrong, but everyone has to keep pushing and pushing. It drives me mad sometimes.

So yes, not looking forward to tomorrow, especially.

Actually, hang on, I am, because...I am going to POTC2 with Anna, Beth, Hattie, Megan, Verity, Robin, Katie, and Sam.

And we're all dressing up as pirates.

Hmm...sensing a different kind of mentality.

Anyway, better go. Will report back if I haven't been mown down by all the bitching.

Rosby out with a bang.

8 Comments:

  • ooh, its all coming back to me with horrible flashbacks. Getting caught in crossfire is just horrid so I hope that POTC2 and the costumes alleviates some of the pain.

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 12:58 AM  

  • la l a la la laady da

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:46 AM  

  • ROSALIND BALLINGER! i do not appreciate being called simple AT ALL. it is true that at times i lack common sense, the ability to think b4 speaking and the ability to not fall over/off/walk into everything i come into contact with BUT i am not stupid (contrary to popular belief) and the reason DEAREST ROS that i referred u 2 maddy and hannah in response to the argument is because (again contrary to popular belief) i DO NOT enjoy arguments (except against bean) and was getting rather bored of the whole affair. so in future please refrain from a) calling me simple b) quoting me without permission and c)tangling me further into ur little spat with hannah and maddy becos i am obliged 2 stand up for my frends becos thats the kind of frendship we hav and u r not exactly innocent of jumping to defend ur interests. thank u and goodnight (or morning depending on wen u read this).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 AM  

  • also i wud just like to add : wat do u mean by "their group has such a lot of pull"? eh?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 AM  

  • also, since when did our 2 sides 'split'? they were never an original whole being!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 AM  

  • HEY. you deleted my comment. but not emily's. that's not fair and there were alot of true point in there :'( i'm sad now.
    but also not that sad. because we have apologised for stuff we did.
    but also a bit sad. because we didn't receive ANY apologies for stuff tash did.
    never mind, at least we have the decency to make an effort to make friends :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 AM  

  • hannah - you might have apologised on bebo, but you couldn't even say it to our faces. And why should you receive apologies from Tash when she didn't do anything? And how have you made an effort to make friends?
    Plus you said Tash was fake. And maddy said Helen was fake. Yet you both seem to "agree" that you aren't. Aren't things the wrong way round here?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 AM  

  • ros is a joke hahaha gutted

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home