Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Saturday, May 27, 2006

I went and got a DVD for Joe's birthday today.

I was asked for ID.

Again.

I can just tell this is going to become a recurring event in my adult life, I just know it; I'll end up like Mum, who went to a bar when she was 26 and the barman refused to get her a beer.

How much are Petite clothes, anyway?


Anyway, as I mentioned, tomorrow is Joe's 17th birthday and, you guessed it, a monumental piss-up has already been planned for tonight, down at the Scout Hut. Joe asked me if I wanted to come along, which is quite nice of him really, but why on earth would I want to? From what I can tell, the whole thing just seems to be a massive throng of seventeen year olds getting blind drunk, and listening to the music that they'll be playing on the sound system.

That's it.

Now I'm all for having a celebration, but that sounds so boring. When I have birthday parties I like doing things. This just seems to be people *hanging around* for hours.

And I don't know any of his friends anyway. They're just those random guys who I see hanging around the house from time to time. Once I came home from school and found about six of them huddled together smoking in the garden.

But still, it's always amusing to see Joe drunk; he becomes friendly and nice and amiable, which is quite something.

*sigh*...bored, bored, bordey bored...Tash is in Wales, Diana and Kat are revising Die-Hard for Latin, but we have said we're all going to see The Da Vinci Code on Friday. I'm half-wishing we couldn't now; everyone says it's a crap film.

Ho hum. Had better skadoodle now. Joe is roping me in to fix the sound system for the "party". God knows why; last time I tried to work his Hi-Fi I got my feet tangled in the various leads and tripped over.

Enjoy Doctor Who!

P.S. I know I ought to, but I DO NOT like David Tennant with a quiff. I really don't.

2 Comments:

  • Were those fireworks anything to do with Joe? Looked like they came from the Scout Hut. They were quite good - kept me amused for ten minutes watching from the window!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 AM  

  • My uncle carried his birth certificate around with him until he was about thirty so that he'd get served in pubs...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home