Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Sunday, May 14, 2006



Hmm. What's the betting that Marie was cloned a hundred times, transformed and is now hankering for a snog - the dangerous way?

"Come heerreee...we just want to neck youu!"

"NOOOOO!!! Must...get...away...!"

"It won't take long!"

"I don't care; I'll get an electric shock!"

"We can turn it off; come on, please!"

"Rose, HANG ON!"

"YOU ARE COMPATIBLE; YOU WILL BE SNOGGED."

"Argh...um...oh look over there, there's Kip Gamblin!"

"What? Where?"

The Doctor bolts it.

"Oh bugger. Damn. Still, at least we've got Mickey as back-up. Wait, hang on, he's gone. Crap! This is so unfair! We may be large cyber machines, but we're only Marie underneath, we just want to be loved..."

Prolonged sobbing.

I couldn't help it, all right?

It's been a very lazy day today; I've been on my own most of the time, BECAUSE...*drum roll*, Mum and Dad are finally going to collect this boat that has been languishing at my Aunt's house for God knows how long now, and they are taking it to the sailing club.

I know I should be happy, but I think the whole idea is a bit...stupid. We're just not a boating family! We're not! We'd never use it! It'd be used like crazy for a while then we just wouldn't have time, etc. I'm *certainly* not a boating girl, and there's no way I'm going to be converted. I just think that after a while the thing will just fade out of existence, like my old toy box. What ever happened to it...?

I'm not even sure how we managed to get it, either. I think my Uncle gave it to us, for free. God knows why; their family are exercise and sport central, unlike us.

Anyway, enough about the boats.

By hanging around in Smith's for about an hour, I managed to skim my way through Jacqueline Wilson's new book, Love Lessons. And, despite my initial doubting (I have a long-standing disdain of her books, on the basis that they are all the same), this one was actually pretty good. It did have quite a few flaws, obviously, but the plotline was actually fairly unique, and the ending was just heart-breaking.

But seriously; would it kill her to use different types of characters? All her books are about teenage girls and love and family problems, and all the girls talk and think and apparently write the same way. Even in this book. It gets really frustrating; every time you've read one you get deja vu to the extreme.

OK, rant over. I highly doubt anybody will comment on this post; it has been exceptionally boring after all.

But if you can, check out Lisa's attempt to catalogue mine and Marie's David Tennant musings. She has missed a couple, I think, but considering the diversity of cyberspace she's done well. Byeeeeee!!!

4 Comments:

  • A boat?! A BOAT!???

    Given that Nottingham is about as landlocked as you can get in terms of SEA (we're not called the Midlands for nothing), I was always baffled by people who had boats on their drive-way. And I did see at least one in my youth. Funnily, it too never seemed to go anywhere. I don't think I ever went past it and saw it NOT on the drive. Which rather begged the question "why"? Oddly, some years after I left my childhood estate, I actually met the daughter of the house who had the boat and she too was an unconverted person re: sailing. Like your family, it was a "gift" from another branch of the family tree. Why do people do this?

    Anyway.

    Did find your take on the Cyberman episode VERY amusing though (it may get copied into a Rullsenberg post for posterity because I'm a geek for archiving thing!) Awh, poor cyber-Maries! Maybe there's a nice parallel world where he recognises and appreciates her guile, wit and charm? What about it?

    And... wow... thanks for the compliment about the archive! Had to be done!

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 8:29 AM  

  • "Why no emotions?"
    "Because it hurts."

    It's true. So true.

    [Weeps cyber-tears. Gets rust streaks down face.]

    By Blogger Marie, at 11:46 PM  

  • This is gonna sound odd that I know this, but doesn't Kip Gamblin play Scott in Home and Away...???
    Yasmin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:20 AM  

  • We're surprised you have to ask (about Kip Gamblin that is)...

    See, Marie, even I have become fully informed on such matters since reading your blog.

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home