Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Friday, May 26, 2006

Bebo, Chemistry, and the woes of balloons.

I have two burning questions:

One, what the frigging HELL is Bebo, and
Two, why has everyone in the world and their cousin invited me to "join" them?

Is is some kind of cult that I don't know about?

And explain this; why is God's name has JOE invited me to join? He's my brother! He lives in the same house as me! He's less than ten feet away from me at this very moment! (Give or take a wall.)

The world has gone nuts. Again. Still, it's been a very good day. Don't you just love those days where you laugh hundreds and hundreds of times? Well, I had one of them, and it was SO fun.

We had Chemistry today, where we were bidding a farewell to Mr Butcher who was leaving (mid-term, and he's by far our best teacher, damn him). This farewell involved a massive card with messages from all of us, balloons, and two cakes. (Don't ask - I wasn't trusted with any of the organisation.)

Anyway, before Mr Butcher came in we'd each managed to blow up a balloon and, with nowhere else to hide them, we had to unconvincingly conceal them under our feet. Then he came in, before Claire had managed to successfully hide the cakes, which meant that she had to shove the cakes under the desk as well. We're all mad as...mad...cuckoo things.

Needless to say, none of the girls could concentrate, and at every nuance we just broke into complete hysterical laughter, which wasn't exactly sly. We spent the first half of the lesson watching Claire trying to sneak both of the cakes into the sink next to her whenever Mr Butcher turned to write on the board, which wasn't often.

Then, about half-way through the lesson, when we'd just about managed to conceal the cakes and stop laughing, there came a massive BANG from Sean's direction. Everyone jumped, including Mr Butcher. Picture it if you will:

Mr Butcher: What the hell was that???

Claire: Um...er...

Amber: I think Kat fell off her chair.


Then, when the second BANG came from suspiciously near me, we decided there was no more point prolonging it, so we all went mad with balloons and cake and the card, and Mr Butcher was very touched. Well, I hope he was; we'd made enough of an effort.

...then we had Biology which wasn't nearly as good and yielded no laughs at all.

Then English, which involved the usual pre-lesson play fight between Dom, Chris, Theo and Rory. (Well, Dominic chased them around the classroom and Rory leapt around saying, "Oh God, oh God, oh God!") , the effect of which was slightly marred when Dom blundered into the English storeroom and Mark shut the door on him.

...which meant that when Ms Reid came in (and Mark abruptly withdrew his foot from the door) she was greeted to the sight of Dom banging into fresh air shouting, "MARK, YOU B- Oh, hello Ms Reid."


And I know that doesn't sound the least bit funny to *you*, but the whole day was hilarious. It was great. I really felt incredibly happy. I love those days.

Then I had two GCSEs. And one wasn't brilliant. And the other one was good. But we won't go into that.

I leave you with the quote of the day:

Mum: [Talking about her family.] I know, I know; they're all martyrs, and I know I'll be too. My ankles are playing up already.

4 Comments:

  • Bebo is an irritating and somewhat pointless website thingy inviting you to share photographs and your life in general.
    It's very annoying.
    However, people repeatedly asking you to join is also exceedingly annoying.
    Take my advice - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Get an account and then ignore it, like I did.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 AM  

  • Ros! Bebo is what has replaced my love for blogger - not only can you write a blog you can:

    - share photos
    - make quizzes
    - leave messages to people
    - join your school and join clubs, add photos, talk about stuff and add bricks to the wall
    - play with the singing goats on my URL
    - loads more!

    I strongly recommend joining, although you do tend to get a lot of emails, i put my school email address anyway and i barely look at that. Now click on my link and visit my Bebo URL!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 AM  

  • Last time there was a sound like a balloon popping in my chemistry lesson (complete silence as we were doing a test) it was a window shattering as someone kicked a football into it. Which actually sounded exactly like a balloon and therefore confused me greatly...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 AM  

  • That chemistry lesson was the best ever! it was soooooooo totalliiiii coooolll!!! and i thin i was pretty sly to be honest!!! tho i do wish mr butcher hadnt left as he was soo the teacher everrrrrrrrrr!!! anywayz have fnu in german!! and emily does not appreciate being called simple!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home