Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It's been a crap-spewing few days.

Rosby: God, Hitler was a bastard.
Tash: Well, he wasn't. But he was. Technically he wasn't. But he really was.

[Comforting Rosby on her 39% Physics test result.]
Tash: Well if you think about it, 39 is nearly 40, which is nearly 50, which is a pass!

[Comforting Rosby on her 18% Biology test result.]
Kat: It's like Tash said; 18 is nearly 20, which is a fifth, which is nearly 40, which is nearly 50, hey presto, you're done!

Rosby: Brokeback Mountain is a great film...
Rosy: THE APPLE PIE DOUBLED IN SIZE!!!
[Long, long pause.]
Rosy: OK, carry on.

Rosby: [During a debate.] Look, Brokeback Mountain is more than just "bum-sex in a teepee" as you so eloquently put it...
Imogen: No no no, you're right, it's not; it's several bum-sex sessions in teepees in a variety of different locations.

Kat: [Doing a Physics poster.] I'll just underline important words like "nebula." I don't know what a nebula is, but I'm sure I'll find out.

Kat: I LOVE OUTLINING!!!

Tash: [Laughing at something.] Ha ha ha ha ha OW OW OW MY BACK!!

Marie: I, on the other hand, will be spending the evening in Cecil Sharp House, home of British folkdancing, watching the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.


But frankly, not meaning to toot my own horn, I think the quote below is the best. It caused hysteria on the bus, anyway. Or maybe our bus is just sad.

Rosby: According to The Guardian, we go to one of the top five schools in the country. What did we do in Biology today? We grew virtual tomatoes and watched a Frenchman called Julian lick his elbow.

Farewell, friends.

5 Comments:

  • Virtual tomatoes????

    I'm either very weird or becoming sympatico with your teenage self cos your final remark did make me laugh...

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 12:59 PM  

  • Well, I DO love outlining!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 AM  

  • Surely impossible to lick your own elbow, even if you're French? I just tried and got nowhere near it. But then again, I'm only half French.

    By Blogger Marie, at 4:53 AM  

  • I just want to assure anyone reading this blog, that rosy did have a context for saying about the apple pie (somewhere in the depth of her very odd and twisted mind, that not even qualified psyciatrists try to understand!) Trust me, I know her!! (poor me!!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:12 AM  

  • I lurve apple pies!!
    but i have to agree with anonymous above that rosy did have a context to bring up the apple pie as you did beforehand mention apple pies!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home