Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Jimmy Carr is coming!
Dylan Moran is coming!
Paul Merton is coming!

Oh, how I love the theatre...I have GOT to get me some tickets to those shows. Shouldn't be too hard when you know someone in the business, i.e. my mum. (She is a theatre reviewer, as well as her normal job.) Heee.

Watched the Richard and Judy (ugh, honestly) book awards today. Was VERY VERY unimpressed at it all, despite the fact that The Time Traveller's Wife (best book ever written) won an award! Hurrah!

AND (a point of extreme frustration which I expressed to my mother repeatedly) why in God, David Tennant, or any deity's name was bloody Chantelle winner-of-"celebrity"-big-brother there? What on earth has she done to deserve a place among authors of great literature? Has she written a book? Has she done ANYTHING to deserve the fame, money, and attention she now recieves? What about:

  • Dave Pelzer?
  • Khaled Hoessini?
  • Michael Moore?
  • Every single member of the Chernobyl group?

Instead, we have:

  • Chantelle and Preston (who are famous for...well, I don't actually know)
  • Victoria Beckham (famous for being married to a footballer)
  • The royal family (don't get me started)
  • Kate Moss (famous for snorting coke)
  • Carol Thatcher (famous for being daughter of Margaret Thatcher and winning a crap and staged "reality" show)

Ugh, it makes me so mad. Anyone have Chantelle's e-mail address? I want to send her...well, not hate mail. Admonishing (is that a real word?) mail, maybe.

Ann-Kathrin is here, by the way. We went to Bourton-on-the-water today, which is a lovely lovely place, and I have resolved to go and live there when I retire from (hopefully) my writing career. Or journalism, or PR, or advertising.

We watched Bruce Almighty as well, and played cards and went to park etc. I think she's enjoying herself; she's more cheerful than Hanna was, anyway. (My last exchange partner.)

POO AND ARSEING CRAP I missed the first Green Wing episode! Can anyone fill me in? There again, I was enjoying my birthday party at the time; I had an excuse. 'Twas FUNFUN. We went bowling and played air hockey, and ate the hugest pizza ever made. Speaking of my party:

Darn. Was gonna put a photo of me, Kimmy, Alice and Aimee on here. Technology is overrated. Anyway, better go. Listening to Sheryl Crow.

Farewellllll!!!

4 Comments:

  • Chantelle, Posh and Moss are actually all famous for being thin. Apparently that's an chievement, in this day and age.

    By Blogger Marie, at 2:04 PM  

  • You think Bourton's bad. Try living in the back end of nowhere near Startford-upon-Avon. Startford consists mainly of tourists, a few ok shops and houses that are very very VERY expensive. There are no council houses in Startford because they put them in the villages surrounding it. My village, Lower Quinton consists mainly of chavs old people and in-bred hostile locals.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:16 AM  

  • that was Stratford-upon-Avon by the way, bloody keyboard...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 AM  

  • Posh is famous 4 being in the spice girls too

    By Blogger Sophie B, at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home