Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Monday, March 13, 2006

A quick review

Well, I saw Brokeback Mountain yesterday.
Well, I managed to get into Brokeback Mountain yesterday, (which is a miracle in itself…)
Well, I wept copiously at the end of Brokeback Mountain yesterday.
Well, I loved Brokeback Mountain.

It was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant…and NOT (before Kat and Tash butt in) because of the willy aerobics! There was only one instance of that, right at the beginning.

(If you don’t want to know the ending it’s probably not wise to read on.)

Oh, it was so sad, the way that they loved each other so much and could only meet a few times a year. Did anyone else choke up when Jack said, “I wish I knew how to quit you!”?

I think the best bit was a little while after that, when Ennis puts his arm around a young Jack and softly sang something (darn American accents – couldn’t hear what he said, or sung) and then walked away, and the older Jack, twenty years later, looked back at him and looked so sad and love-torn…ugh, it was heart wrenching.

In the good sense, though.

Another tear jerking moment…when Ennis gets his postcard back and it has “deceased” stamped on it, and he just stares at it for ages.

And yet another…when he’s at Jack’s house and finds his shirt, with blood on it, and hugs it and starts crying…(as did the rest of the cinema, including me.)

So yes, absolutely fandiddlytastic film. Reduced me to tears, so it must be good.


I'm sorry, I'm not really conveying how good this film is. It will make you think about it for hours on end the next day. It will make you reevaluate how painful love really is. Sorry if I sound sappy, but it's true. Anyway, gotta go!

6 Comments:

  • I think everyone has died...no-one comments etc... anymore

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 AM  

  • Oh Rosby, I feel so unable to add anything sensible because... for shame I have not seen Brokeback Mountain... I know I know, here I am pretending to be all hip to these art-house films and I haven't even seen it. Instead I spend my weekend - well at least partly - going to see Harry Potter 4 again....

    Really sorry!

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 2:50 PM  

  • I always go very quiet in the Brokeback Mountain conversations because though I thought it was a good film it didn't make me cry. Am cruel heartless woman.

    By Blogger Marie, at 2:11 AM  

  • Well I can't legally see it for another 2 years, so you can count me out of knowledge about. And anyway, I'm still p***** off with Mr. I'm - Going - To - Ignore - You - For - Two - Consecutive - Days - On - End - Boyfriend.

    By Blogger Sophie B, at 12:18 PM  

  • Rosby, you do know that the launch for the new DR Who series is 28th march? predictions are that the series will start Easter Weekend.

    cannot express how EXCITED I am by this - if its true that the first episode will be on Easter saturday it may mean i won't miss any of the new series cos of being in new zealand! Yippee! And even if it does start the week before that only means missing one episode! Huzzah!

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 7:02 AM  

  • Rosby, off topic I know but its the LAUNCH of series two for Doctor Who that is on 28 March in Cardiff (big knees up, the Totally Doctor Who competition winners... snarl...) and the theory is that the series will sir first episode around 3 weeks later...

    Sorry for any confusion...

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home