Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Well, no matter what you football sceptics say, I think we did EXCELLENTLY today. Think about it; we played a team that are three leagues above us, and we played really well! Well done Cheltenham.

Unfortunately, we didn't win. But there again, it wasn't very likely. Still, the second Newcastle was BLATANTLY offside. But the referee was looking the other way, probably by accident, but you never know...

Anyway, it was an absolutely fantastic atmosphere when me and Dad got there; everyone selling flags and scarfs and stuff. We wasted a bit of time looking around at the TV crews and the cameras on the massive cranes. It was dead exciting. Dad and me had our picture taken by a photographer from the Echo, and Dad was interviewed. Those Cheltenham folks reading, watch out for it!

We went in, and I tell you, it was mania in there. It was completely full of manic Cheltenham fans with wigs, balloons, you name it. It was literally buzzing. I was loving it!

Well, much later, both teams came out, and from there it's history. But, the ball was in our half practically ALL the time! We did brilliantly. So I'm glad I went, definitely! Experience of a lifetime; I got to see (and boo and shout "Who's the geordie up the front?") Shearer, right up close! And it was quite an experience to see all the cameras on the roof and seeing the commentators.

So, woooooo! Just a pity we didn't manage to score.

Very good day. Unfortunately, seeing as I've been out all day, I have a ton of homework to do tomorrow. Look at Tash's blog to see. And just a note, Tash, isn't a bit less brain-melting to spread it out a bit?

(I don't think Tash likes me very much at the moment - we have conflicts in interest involving David Tennant and celebrity big brother.)

And speaking of which - IT'S OVER!!!! Hurrah! Back to normality! Although saying that, it won't be long before the regular one comes back, with its selection of overacting, posey, purposely-chosen-to-clash people.

And according to Tash, a non "celebrity" (or has-been or wannabe, if you want to be accurate) won it. ...how is that possible?

Oooo, headache. I've been on the computer too long.

Why should I try to sound like y'all sound?
That's what's wrong with the rap game right now!
Why should I try to flow the way y'all flow
And do a show like y'all show?

Now it's Will Smith (excellent singer/rapper - excellent) who is tapping into my mind. Gorgeous man, I might add.

As I mentioned to someone the other day, the gulf between us (Tash, Kat, me, Diana, Chloe etc) and them (Hannah, Lucy, Emily etc) is really starting to noticably widen. Shown by the form room layout; them on one side, us on the other.

It's sad. We all started equal in Year seven, now we're all dividing.

And while we're on the subject, I HATE LAURA! AND BECKY!

Whew, got that out of my system. I swear, I'm not sure which one of them I hate more. They're just so...eurgghhhh. Always picking on people because they're different (different meaning we don't wear their own weight in mascara and wear short skirts and flirt with every male on this planet that draws breath.) And being all obnoxious and lordy and...*shudder*

And it's the same with the boys. They say, (well in Biology anyway) that we are at the age where "hormones go crazy" and apparently we're supposed to be even more attracted to the opposite sex. But any sane girl in my year, who has seen the bloody boys in our year, must realise that...well, that they're WANKERS. And SOMEHOW THEY MANAGE TO FORM RELATIONSHIPS!

It is illogical beyond words! I mean, example, who in their right mind would fancy CHRIS? And, OWAIN? They're both horrible, mean, piggish pricks!

Out of about 70 boys in the year, there are about, I don't know...10 nice ones? And not nice as in fanciable, nice as in friendly and genuine and not nasty to people for no reason.

OK, maybe I'm biased, but I know of many who support my opinion. Unfortunately, they do not outnumber the number of people who do not. It's frustrating. Very.

Go feminism!

I should REALLY go now. Consider what I've said. Please.

Rosby out.

6 Comments:

  • i know a very nice boy in your year... i forget his name though... hmm...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 PM  

  • Without wishing to come over all when-I-was-your-age about it, but when I was your age... sigh... a very long time ago (honestly, how did I come to be staring down the barrel of my 30th birthday?) there were vile, bitchy girls in my year in mini skirts and eyeliner too, who were horrible to all the girls and pulled all the boys. They made my life hell. Ten years after leaving school, we had a reunion. All of the girls who had been on the receiving end of their crap were lovely, normal, well-adjusted women. All of the bitches were anorexic insecure headcases. One was beaten up by her boyfriend. Another was a heroin addict. Etc etc. People who are secure on the inside have no need to be bitchy on the outside.

    Boys-wise, though, it doesn't get any better with age. Sorry.

    By Blogger Marie, at 3:26 AM  

  • Boys-wise, though, it doesn't get any better with age. Sorry. Sadly, Marie is pretty much right.

    When I came in yesterday from a day in a couple of cinemas, my first thought was "how did Cheltenham do?" Sorry, you lost, but from what I saw, I think you did pretty fine.

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 9:26 AM  

  • Your yeargroup is just going through the same social changes that every year does. There are four stages: strong same-sex cliques, which then split and/or merge into new heterosexual cliques, which in turn merge into larger, heterosexual crowds, which finally break down into loose associations of dating couples. (This is more or less lifted from a book called "The Men They Will Become", incidentally. It's certainly not the same for all, but it has generally held true for my year thus far (we're currently moving out of stage 3 into stage 4, by my estimation).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 AM  

  • Who's Laura? Why are your group driffting apart? Why did the Robins lose? Who am I? Why is there a soup can on my head?

    By Blogger Sophie B, at 12:35 PM  

  • Skittles -
    1) Laura is this evil person who Ros (quite rightly) doesn't like. But then you might have guessed that.
    2) Our group is drifting apart because the others are turning into (as Ros would call them) "plastics" (see Mean Girls)or as I would call them... sluts. They bitch about us and leave us out of stuff (when Ros asked one of them if she was having a party, she denied it, because neither Ros nor any of us were invited, when in fact, she was having two!)
    3) Who the hell are the Robins? If you mean the Cheltenham football team, then isn't the answer obvious? BECAUSE THEY ARE RUBBISH!!!
    4) You are Miss Skittles... duh!
    5) There is a soup can on your head because you are strange

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home