Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ah random bibbling; where would we be without it?

Hello Motos!

When asked what his Primary School was like:
Joe Harvey: My school was CRAP. It was so crap it was staring up its own ARSE!

Which I thought was hilarious.

*sigh* Mostly boring day today, yadedada. I actually spent most of it debating with people over the brilliantness of Tennant. Hannah (or Lucy - I really can't remember) came up with a brilliant word - they said he had geekchic.

I just love that! It's so true. Unfortunately, Tash and Kat do not share this view and think:

Kat: That he is an ugly, crap actor.
Tash: That he is an all right actor but an ugly, skinny monkey.

I think that's what she said. Something about a monkey, anyway. *mutters darkly and brandishes the kipper*

Ho hum. Doing more depressing poetry about love in English. Well, it's not too depressing, it's just...OK, it's depressing.

Very funny moment during lunch. Me, Tash, Lucy and Chloe (Hannah was off doing art or something) were sitting around talking, and I turned to Tash and said, "Shall we go and see what Kat is up to?" (Kat being at Jazz Band at the time.) Tash said, "Err...no."

Whereupon I commented that it was like the poem we'd just done; the poet couldn't move his legs for love, so Tash couldn't move her bum!

So basically, Jack has made Tash's bum go inert. *snort* I know it's immature, but whenever I think about that sentence I can't stop laughing. It's like Joe's arse-school comment.

Tash did not take too well to this, so I won't mention it again. (For the record - Jack is an idiot in Year 8 who Tash gets the bus with, and who me and Kat - well OK, me - keep on saying he loves her/she loves him)

Sorry Tash :(

*yawn* History test tomorrow. Erk, is on everything we have done so far! Am going to have to do more revision; somehow I don't think Kat's revision policy of "The Tsar was stupid, Lenin was weird and Stalin was evil" is going to help much.

Basic info:
The Tsar inherited his position of ruler of Russia from his father, and was completely useless at it, abandoning the country at the first sign of trouble, and not taking anything seriously.

Lenin and the Bolsheviks consequently took over, introducing Communism, then took on harsh War Communism and took away the peasant's grain, causing a massive famine. Then he took pity and introduced the New Economic Policy (see Kat's blog for her complaints about this) allowing small enterprise and peasants the chance to earn money. Then he died.

Stalin was the next ruler. It was going to be Trotsky, but after a power struggle in which Stalin manipulated people and basically completely cheated, he became ruler and sent Trotsky into exile. First action: The Five Year Plans. Indrustrialising Russia and giving people massive production targets, and inventing new towns (cue Kat's yells of "SVEDLORSK!!!" and "MAGNITOGORSK!!!") for building factories. Anybody do the slightest thing wrong they were sent to labour camps.
Then he stole the peasant's grain again, to feed the workers. If they objected he killed them. That plan went to pot. Then the Purges, after Kirov's death (Stalin's doing) he basically ordered the killing of everyne - left right and centre. Then he introduced the constitution for everyone who was still alive. That's as far as we got.

Interesting, no? Well, I think it is. I think I may be in the miniority there, but ah well.

So, basic info on the three leaders. Animal farrrrm! Tsar = Mr Jones, Lenin = Snowball, Stalin = Napoleon. I still have fond memories. Snowball was Barley Beal, and Napoleon Joe Ogbourne. He di that hilarious song wearing the feather boa and prancing drunk around the stage.

Random bibbling time...hmm...hm...I should really start calling Max Max and Amy Amy. I keep getting them mixed up.

Tomorrow, we perform our drama piece to the group. Double erk...shouldn't be too bad though. Right, I never had my toast! Must go and make up for this appalling mistake.

Toodle pip!

2 Comments:

  • *comments* HA! told you I'd comment. Guess who!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 AM  

  • Geek chic....








    *hums happily*

    By Blogger Rosby, at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home