Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Monday, June 25, 2007

The Sound of Drums? BRILLIANT. Bloody excellent. The Master is utterly bonkers, and I love him already.

Again, copying and pasting my initial flailing reaction:

I am calm.

I am calm, I am calm, I am totally calm.

I am serene, in fact.

I am...oh, whatever. FUCKING HELLFIRE, THAT WAS BRILLIANT!

With the...oh, John Simm, I think I may love you. And Martha and Jack, and the Vortex Manipulator, and....and SQUEEEE! TORCHWOOD REFERENCES! When Jack said he was calling some friends, I nearly flailed out of the chair. And they're on the Himalayas! *What*? I know they can be a dim lot sometimes, but surely they're intelligent enough to maybe leave someone behind in case there's an emergency? Or, even if they can't, make sure they have clear phone communication to Britain?

(They'd probably leave Ianto behind, wouldn't they? Hmph. Typical abandonment. Still, if they did, it would mean he was back at the Hub and could have answered the phone and met up with Jack. Oh bollocks, why didn't they leave Ianto behind?!)

Jelly babies! Tom Baker reference!

And the old Doctor, and the Toclafane!

AND GALLIFREY! We saw Gallifrey!

And Jack died. Again. Well, we were all expecting that.

Dear God, I'm still wibbling. And next week...combat Martha! Old Doctor! (I know it's still David Tennant under the makeup, but I do prefer his younger self. I'm shallow like that, see.) Gun-toting Jack! Dirty gun-toting Jack! And dirty, gun-toting Jack that is meant to reveal a "jaw-dropping secret".

....I can't wait. Really. I can't. WANT IT NOW. WANT. WANT MUCHLY.*squee*

It was only a bit later that I realised that Saxon, using his evil tapping, could have somehow convinced them *all* to go, over their better judgement. If he can get inside Jack's head (which we know is pretty unpenetratable from the Torchwood episode Greeks Bearing Gifts, then he can get inside anyone's head.

And the tapping. Oh, the tapping! Why on earth didn't I mention that? I love Russell for turning something so simple into something so sinister. And it's incredibly catchy; I've been tapping that rhythm ever since it aired.

Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.

Other fantastic bits; Mrs Saxon (creeepyyyy), the perception filter keys, the phone conversation (with added subtext), the Paradox (that was some *perfect* CGI, there), the happy/sad faces, and Saxon and Jack in general. Hee.

My one criticism; Voodoo Child. It just didn't work.

Gah, I'm terrible at reviewing Doctor Who; I mean to be balanced and rational about the whole thing, but I just find myself wibbling hopelessly and incoherently.

What exactly are the Toclafane? They've got to be something awful if they can break the Doctor's hearts. I'm with the view that they're the last of the human race who took off in the rocket to Utopia; it would provide us with their story from the end of Utopia, and it would break the Doctor's hearts because he was the driving force in helping them set off, and it's him who is responsible for the extermination of the final humans.

Also (just remembered this), soon after the Professor turns back into a Time Lord, he takes a disc out of the computer and says "Utopia!" in a very scathing and evil way.

I can't think what else it would be. Whatever it is, it's big. Very big. *squee*

Anyway, had better be off. With any luck, I'll be viewing the final episode in Trafalgar Square on a big screen. It's just as likely that I won't, but it doesn't matter. Seriously looking forward to it. Hurrah!

Rosby out.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home