Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Sunday, May 06, 2007

That new trailer.

That brand spanking new trailer.

Right.

To be perfectly honest, I can't be bothered to recount my initial reaction after it aired. So I'm copying my blog post from by Bebo account onto here.

This was written, at a state of unbeliveably high excitement and squeeness, about fifteen minutes after I saw the episode.

Oh my God!

Did you see it? The tr-oh my bloody God!

OH MY GOD!!!

The...wow! The thing! The pain and the scarecrows and John Simm and the "cured" Doctor and the spacesuits and...GAGHHH! OH MY GOD!!! CAPTAIN JACK!!! CAPTAIN JACK RUNNING! CAPTAIN JACK RUNNING WITH THE DOCTOR! CAPTAIN JACK JUMPING! CAPTAIN JACK SPEAKING! CAPTAIN AND THE DOCTOR AND MARTHA AND...EEEEEE!

"Was someone kissing me?"

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I CAN'T STOP!

For one, mad moment I thought it was next week's trailer which nearly made me lose it, but logic dictates that it can't be. Seeing as Doctor Who will be missing for two weeks (*grumble* bloody Eurovision...), they've made the fans an extra treat.

And what a treat! What a fracking good treat it was! Absolutely bloody fantastic! As soon as it's up on youtube it is ON the Bebo page like a shot.

Fricken'...hell! I still haven't recovered. The Torchwood fans are going to be literally exploding with squee.

SQQQQQUUEEEEEEE!

*runs off like a mad thing*

That pretty much sums up my mood. It was bloody FANTASTIC. And the best thing of all? (Apart from Captain Jack and John Simm tapping the table.) All those episodes air slap-bang in the middle of my exams. Excellent! I'll have something to look forward to!

The only thing that got me slightly miffed was that it's obvious there's going to be a distinct lack of proper continuity between the end of Torchwood and the beginning of Jack's stint on Doctor Who, because the audience of Doctor Who (the younger demographic that it's aimed at, anyway) won't have seen it. Still, I can overlook that.

P.S. How creepy was Saxon with his oxygen mask, tapping the table? Absolutely wonderful.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • well at least you'll stop complaining about the exams and start squealing about Doctor Who!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:21 AM  

  • My friend Chrissie was just thrilled that yesterday was her birthday and they were showing Doctor Who on it: the trailer was the SQUEE on the cake!

    As an oldSkool Who fan as well though, I can't help feeling envious that I will never again have the thrill of Who on my birthday (October) Sniff.

    But am WAY excited by the seasons episode trailer. It would have been nice if they could have overlapped the Torchwood ending with the link to NewWho, but I'll settle for Jack getting his Jack-ness back with a rise in the Tardis. Great stuff we all hope!

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 7:52 AM  

  • John Simm tapping the table in a mask. Could be the best Who moment of the entire season. So scary. So intriguing. Can't stop thinking about it. And we haven't even seen it for real yet!

    By Blogger Marie, at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home