Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Monday, June 18, 2007

"You two! We're at the end of the Universe, at the very edge of knowledge itself and you're busy...blogging!"

Tee hee!

Again, the excitement over Doctor Who has (slightly) faded after Saturday. So, as before, here was my initial reaction as posted somewhere else:

Where is everybody? Who am I meant to squee at? WHO, I ASKS YA?

JACK! JACK IS BACK, PEOPLE!

*hopeless flailing*

Jack, holding the Doctor's coat! YESSSSS! Ianto does exactly the same thing to Jack in Torchwood! Multiple times! And now...squeeeeee!

THE MASTER! THE PROFESSOR WAS THE MASTER! The watch, and then the thing...JOHN FUCKING SIMM, PEOPLE!

Jack backstory!

And then the TARDIS left them there! Just...gahhhh! Left! Without even a trailer!

Wait...hang on...wouldn't there be one after the closing credits? Was there one, or not? Maybe I should check again.

And speaking of credits...Barrowman! Barrowman was in the opening credits! YEEESSSSSS!

(Plot-wise; a bit rubbish until the last fifteen minutes, which were brilliant beyond any kind of belief. Yana! The Master! Regeneration! JOHN BLOODY SIMM!)

*runs off*


It was brilliant. Utterly brilliant. I'm even willing to forgive the plot weaknesses for the sake of the final twenty minutes or so. The interactions between Jack and the Doctor were perfect, and we were plied with delicious details about Jack's past, at last. Hurrah!

And...the Master! The bloody Master! I mean, the Master's return was probably the worst-kept secret there could have been, but I wasn't expecting it now! Not at all!

And dear God, John Simm! I've never even *seen* Life on Mars, yet I love him already. Saxon's obviously a total nutcase; that shot of him wearing an oxygen mask with both thumbs up never fails to crack me up. And so deliciously evil...God, I'm looking forward to next week's.

Anyway, moving onto the real world for once, my exams finished today.

The two-year slog is finally over. The baby is born at last, with very few complications. Some of the contractions (I'm thinking Science) were a bit more painful than others, but I expected that. All will be well, I'm sure. Well enough, anyway.

Over. Over, over, over.

To be honest, I did all my excited squealing earlier. For now, all I can say is...whew. I can't believe I'm not filling up the page with capitalised joy, but now that all has worn off, I'm just feeling happily tired. And once that has worn off, I'll get incredibly bored, guaranteed. Still, there'll be plenty to concentrate on after that. (Organising Pride London being one thing.)

The GCSEs are over. They're...done. Complete. No more work, no more exams.

HURRRRRAHHHHHHH!!!! *dances*

...what do you know? I still had a little bit of squee in me.

As to regular posting now that they're over, and given the huge amount of time I have now...I don't know. Watch this space. But you'll definitely hear from me re: Doctor Who, Marie's book, and hopefully Pride London. This is not the end!

(I know Pride London is a long, long shot - but I'm fixated on the idea now. It sounds unmissable.)

Keep checking back, people! (If there's anyone left.) I promise there will be more.

Right, now off to organise my textbooks for handing-in day tomorrow...*wanders off humming happily*

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Congratulations on the exams Rosby! And please, please come back and blog on the last episodes of Who. I love reading your comments. I'll even sacrifice you blogging about my book (no, really), just for that.

    By Blogger Marie, at 3:55 PM  

  • Congratulations from me, too.

    I have stumbled upon your blog very late in the day (today, in fact) and think it is, if I may be so bold as to say, quite simply marvellous.

    Should this indeed be your final post, may I wish you all the very best in all your future endeavours, whatever they may be.

    By Blogger Anonymous, at 10:14 AM  

  • Please come back! We need your comments on the last two eps!!!

    Well done on the exams being over. Yippee on your behalf!

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home