Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Friday, June 29, 2007

So. Off to Pride London tomorrow.

Hmm.

Normally, I would be filling the page with capitalised squee (it is, after all, a trip to London, a march, John Barrowman, general bustle and excitement, music, and Doctor Who rolled into one - the best trip ever), but to be honest, my main feeling is one of *extreme* nervousness.

I've been to London plenty of times, but always with at least one parent. This is the first time in my entire life I've been so far away with just one friend. I am wracked with paranoia that something catastrophic will happen; I'll underestimate the Tubes, we'll get totally lost (I don't exactly know my way around), it'll all be cancelled due to the weather or due to that bomb found in Piccadilly Circus, or (my main, huge worry) we'll get back to Victoria too late and miss the bus back home. Gagh. It makes my stomach swoop violently just thinking about it.

Anyone from London - by tube, how long would you estimate it would take to get from Charing Cross to Victoria? We'll have just over an hour after Doctor Who finishes. Eek. I haven't been on the tube in about two years; I have NO IDEA how long it takes to get from A to B.

My Dad is telling me not to worry so much, and I suppose I should listen to him; it is, after all, a new adventure, and I've done fine organising it so far. And besides...Pride London! We're actually going; it's not just a vague plan! It's real! HURRAH!

Anyway...wish me luck! Will report on everything, and squeal over the Doctor Who episode, when I get back.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • Too many variables to judge the travel time I'm afraid. But have a GREAT day! How can you cope to trust your recorder to do Who for you?! I'm having kittens about the video and I'm intending to be back here to watch it after my day out (local book festival).

    You'll be fine in London. the approximate times on the Transport for London site suggest about 10-20 mins so allowing 30 should be more than adequate (though this is from someone who is either VERY early or late!)

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 6:31 AM  

  • Don't get on the tube at Charing Cross. Walk up to Embankment station, which is only a couple of minutes away, and then you can get on either the Circle or District lines direct to Victoria.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM  

  • As your anonymous friend says: walk down Villiers St, which is the road down the left-hand side of Charing Cross station, to Embankment tube, then take the Circle/District line to Victoria, which'll take no more than 15min (it's only five minutes once you're on the train). Then it's a five-minute walk to the coach station from the Tube. Quickest way is to cut through the mainline station, then go up the escalators leading to the Food Court (on your right, next to the entrance to the high-numbered station platforms), walk through the shopping centre bit and out onto Buckingham Palace Road. The coach station is in front of you.

    It'll be rammed in town, though. You should probably allow an extra 20min or so for getting through the crowds from Trafalgar Square.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:10 AM  

  • Was thinking of you: especially when a friend - also at Gay Pride - texted to say JB was leading the crowd in the rain in a Who Theme tune singalong.

    Seen the episode yet?

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home