Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Three things that prove that Jake G is *fanastic* actor, and that I do NOT fancy him simply because of the looks:

"Tell you what, we coulda had a good life together! Fuckin' real good life! Had us a place of our own. But you didn't want it, Ennis! So what we got now is BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN! Everything's built on that! That's all we got, boy, fuckin' all. So I hope you know that, if you don't never know the rest! You count the damn few times we have been together in nearly twenty years and you measure the short fucking leash you keep me on - and *then* you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get. You have *no idea* how bad it gets! I mean, I'm not you... I can't make it on a coupla high-altitude fucks once or twice a year! You are too much for me Ennis, you sonofawhoreson bitch! I wish I knew how to quit you."

The sheer volume of genuine emotion and realism he injects into this speech is incredible. If I studied actors all my life I'd never understand how they manage it. Which is a stupid thing to say, but it is a massive mystery sometimes.

I also LOVE this (a voiceover from Donnie Darko):

"Dear Roberta Sparrow, I have reached the end of your book and...there are so many things that I need to ask you. Sometimes I'm afraid of what you might tell me. Sometimes I'm afraid that you'll tell me that this is not a work of fiction. I can only hope that the answers will come to me in my sleep. I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. "

The last sentence is my favourite; as he says it the time portal comes to an end in a flash of white light, and Donnie's voice sounds content and distant at the same time.

And also this:

[drunkenly] "First of all, Papa Smurf didn't create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village. But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario, it just couldn't happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don't even have... reproductive organs under those little, white pants. It's just so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. I mean, what's the point of living... if you don't have a dick?"

Every time I see that I just start laughing; it's brilliant!

Urgh, going into gushing mode. Still, thought I'd share those with you.

Anyway, got my Careers and Aptitude test back today, and I'm in luck; my ideal job (screenwriter/script writer) is on the list of very ideal jobs they have given me as suggestions. Hurrah!

...still, that's no guarantee it'll happen. Oh God. I don't think I'll end up doing it. I know you're supposed to have faith and all, but it's such a hard business, and I know nothing about it. All I'd like to do is write the perfect screenplay, and be there when it gets made and see how filming is done, and then see the finished product, and...oh dear. Anyway, that'd be my ideal career. I'll juts have to have faith. Hmm. Just remembered a little snippet I love from The Time Traveler's Wife:

"Henry, just tell me; what happens? Where do we meet?"
"One hint: Chicago."
"More."
"Have faith. It's all there, in front of you."

Hmph. Wish it was all in front of me. There again, my future husband hasn't travelled back in time to tell me anything (yet), so I don't know. But that doesn't mean my future isn't pre-decided, does it? Oh God, now we're entering a massive time travel debate, which will have me going off on a Donnie Darko tangent again. Which I know bores you incredibly; I think that's why Marie and Lisa don't comment here anymore, because of the Jake G obsessive posting.

*sniff* Must go.

P.S. Willie Nelson is officially the best musician on the planet. I have been singing "Cowboys are Frequently Secretly fond of each other" for three days, through no fault of my own. And before you say, it is NON-BROKEBACK RELATED. Was written before the film came out. Not sure about the short story...if it was before, maybe Annie Proulx drew inspiration from it. Or not. I'll find out.

19 Comments:

  • Roberta Sparrow?!
    MY GOD.
    I want her last name.
    D:

    By Blogger Anna, at 1:02 PM  

  • FNZTI

    By Blogger Anna, at 1:04 PM  

  • Destination, determination, deliberation!

    Oh, no, wait, that's apparition.
    Ah well, same philosophies apply to careers, I'm sure.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 PM  

  • Oh my god who IS that idiot?

    'But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her.'

    I LOVE that. It makes me laugh every time too. Also I love the time-traveller's wife. Good book.
    It's so sad!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:37 AM  

  • Well, with any creative occupation if you don't buy a ticket you certainly won't win the lottery, will you.

    And be careful about trying to write "the perfect" screenplay. Don't be precious, thinking that something isn't good enough, and waiting until perfection comes along. It's more important to overproduce and revise. You have to chace perfection relentlessly.

    People will forget anything you create that is unremarkable in any case. They'll only remember the bits that are really good for them.

    And in my experience the only way to get people to understand what you're trying to say to them is by attrition. Keep on trying, then try again, and eventually they'll start to get the point. After that they'll believe anything you tell them about yourself and your work.

    PS. Making over $900 a month having fun? Must be a sadistic credit controller for Visa.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 AM  

  • And this is why we use word verification. To keep the spammers away.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 AM  

  • Lol.
    Why do people spam on yours and not mine?
    Oh well. Maybe I'm just too loved.

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:13 AM  

  • yes, me as well.

    By Blogger Megan, at 12:26 PM  

  • what?
    No word verication?

    By Blogger Megan, at 12:26 PM  

  • weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird
    weird

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:18 AM  

  • Hey. You know what else is wierd?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:18 PM  

  • that you can't spell it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 AM  

  • Lol.
    Hattie got owned.

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:29 AM  

  • I do still read your blog, but you're right, I don't have anything to say about Jake G so have been a bit comment-lite. Apologies.

    Anyway, I just wanted to say that when I did my career aptitude test, it took hours and hours the the only suggestion they had for me at the end of it was teacher. I am not a teacher.

    By Blogger Marie, at 4:12 PM  

  • Wow. I never new Jake Gyllenhaal was such a *fanastic* actor. I'm sure that's one quality Johnny Depp doesn't have...

    By Blogger Anna, at 12:42 AM  

  • wierd...weird....wierd...weird. Oh yeah. Crap.







    How exciting. I don't think I've ever been owned before. Actually I've probably been owned many times and just not realised.


    Still a little fuzzy on what it actually means though.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:19 AM  

  • yeah, i don't know either.
    god hats, neither of us know that much do we?

    By Blogger Megan, at 11:37 AM  

  • That sure is depressing.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:51 AM  

  • the whole...

    "Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
    quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
    different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
    a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
    I made over $900 last month having fun!
    make extra money"...


    thing is spam, just incase you hadnt figured already. I got it on my guides blog too. but dont turn word verithingybob back on, coz that just annoys me.


    *does the manic smiling face*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home