Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Monday, May 01, 2006

If I was ever unsure what irony was in the past, I am *definitely* sure now. Gaggghhh!!!

OK, so; about a month or so before (repeat: before, NOT after) my 15th birthday, I go and see Brokeback Mountain. I get to the cinema, ask for a ticket, and bingo, I'm in. No fuss, no suspicion, no nothing. End of.

Then today, which happens to be about two and a half months after my 15th birthday, I go into HMV and try and buy it.

AND THEY ASK FOR ID!!!!! GGGGGGGGAAAAAAAGHHHHHH!!!

Why did I have to have Mum's genes? Why couldn't I have been willowy, and statuesque, and tall, for God's sake? Grrrrrrrr...*shakes fist*. Why do I have to be so small and Year 7 lookalike-ish??? Why? Why???

On the plus side, the woman (at the counter - Tash was right; the men really don't care), after initial suspicion, let me buy it, so I now own a copy! Hurrah! I will watch it tonight.

God, Jake Gyllenhaal is gorgeous. Unbelievably.

2 Comments:

  • Being small is fun

    By Blogger Sophie B, at 11:38 AM  

  • I can't remember what certificate Donnie Darko is. Now that is a fabulous movie and both he and his sister demonstrate the full beauty of the Gyllenhaal family genes.

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home