Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

On my bedroom door a newly stuck piece of paper reads:

Since I am NOT allowed a lock, and therefore some privacy, if you want to come in then KNOCK! Under NO circumstances come in without knocking, otherwise you will suffer a punishment that you will not survive.

I know Mum'll be pissed off, but frankly I don't care. I see it as a great act of meanness that she refuses to let me have a lock. I mean, why not? It's not like I'm going to lock myself in my room and refuse to eat in a sulk, I'm not like that.

She refused to listen to my insistence that every day someone barges into my room without knocking, saying vehmently that they NEVER do, I'm just overreacting. Not true! It happens EVERY DAY! Grrr....*waves fist*

All I ask for is for some privacy when I'm changing, that's all! There seems to be some kind of radar coming out of my door that encourages members of my annoying family to barge in at awkward moments. Hmph. Thanks.

And you know what the most peverse thing is? MUM HAS A LOCK ON HER BEDROOM DOOR!!! Sheer and total hypocrisy! I'll have to work on Dad; he is a lot more lenient.

Sorry if the writing doesn't make sense; I'm listening to Will Smith.

Here he come, he can rock.
He can break dance, he can pop.
He can rap, he can act.
And when it come down to it he can scrap.
Hey there! Here comes Big Will again.

Still suffering from acute...acute...lovesickness. *shudder* It pains me to admit it. Very much. But it is true. And predictably, now it is February, the year is already getting Valentine's Day happy. Our school does a lot of charity stuff on Valentine's Day:

  • Delivering red, white and purple carnations. White for friendship, red for love, purple for other intentions.
  • Kissograms
  • And other crap.

I have an ominous feeling that someone like Ryan, Ben or (God forbid) Tom Percy will send me a carnation just to annoy me. And I'm not being conceited or anything; they do a lot of stupid things like that. I snapped yesterday and beat Mitchell up on the bus, to the best of my ability. He wasn't very damaged, but I managed to let out some pent-up anger at all those FAKE FAGGOTS.

Although saying that, they probably wouldn't want to waste their money. And I KNOW that I won't get a flower from who I want - because a) They don't love me (little drawback there) and b) I can just tell they're not like that. Well, I don't know.

Tash has been casting a lot of dark looks and threats to Kat today on this subject. Kat is planning to send Tash a red carnation from either 'Hols' (who Kat has it in her head that he loves her) or 'J' (Jack Lazenby - *killmaimshoot*). This stems from a little plot me, Tash, Ellie and Hannah carried out in Year 8, when we send a red carnation to Kat from Teddy.

I don't get it - why do horrible, cynical, nasty people like LAURA get boyfriends (although she is going out with Owain - they deserve each other) and nice people like Tash and Kat and others don't? Not that I'm saying we SHOULD have boyfriends, because they're not vital, or anything. I just don't see what people see in people like Laura. And Becky. Does that make sense?

Hmph. I bet they don't get lovesick. They just string people along. They probably don't know what it's like to...well, I don't know. Better stop bibbling at the risk of sounding soppy. And cliched.

Anyway, had better go. COMMENTCOMMENTCOMMENTCOMMENTCOMMENT!!!

From your wonderful frizz-laden, lovesick, philosophical loon.

xxx

4 Comments:

  • Who do you fancy? Is it the same one as last time? Cos I can't imagine him kissing your hand!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 PM  

  • a) No, not the same person as last time.

    b) He didn't ACTUALLY kiss my hand. As I said, it was confusing.

    c) It wasn't during drama.

    d) Don't interrogate

    e) I can't spare any pieces of furniture.

    By Blogger Rosby, at 1:31 PM  

  • Again, you'll find it doesn't get better with age. Work on strategies to endure the horror.

    By Blogger Marie, at 3:56 AM  

  • Ros there is a good reason your mum won't let you have a lock - what if you leave it locked over night and there's a fire - you'd be in serious trouble then.
    Or what if you were going to throw up and because it took you so long to undo the lock?
    And what if you hit your head and passed out no one would be able to get in and help you without first having to batter down the door?

    Go get yoursefl on of those door signs and tell your family that when it says "come in" they should knock as a warning then enter. And if it says "Do not enter" then they should knock say wht they want and not come in unless you tell them to. It works for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home