Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

What an absolutely fan-diddly-tabulous Christmas!




...which will doubtless be made better when I get round to watching the Christmas Invasion.

Surprised? I thought you would be.

I couldn't watch it on Xmas Day because during the hour it was on I was engaged in a hilarious game of Pictionary with my Dad, cousin Olly, Joe, Granny, Grandpa and Aunty Hilary. I was on Grandpa's team, which, as lovely as he is, was rather frustrating as he never listens when I try to explain. Then he asks questions. Still, hi de hi. And anyway, it was very funny because Aunty Hilary was meant to be drawing an owl, and she ended up bursting into complete and utter hysterics, which are very contagious, until thre entire room was laughing.

So I didn't watch it then because, despite what you may assume, I would have rather played Pictionary at the time that watch Doctor Who.

*The reader gasps with shock, whispering, "Is she all right?"*

Anyway, I was hoping I could watch it yesterday, when I got back from London (that's where my Aunt and Uncle live), beacause Dad claimed he had done an ingenious bit of DVD recording by switching channels between Dr Who and that Earnest thing, so it would record both.

Predictably, it didn't work. Still, I didn't panic (the reader yells, "WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO HER???") Because...I have a back-up plan! While bagpacking, me and Sophie had been discussing the gorgeousness of several actor type people, and predictably again, I blibbered on about David Tennant for hours. And Sophie, wonderful Sophie, without any asking or prompting, said she would record it for me. HURRAH!!!

Anyway, forgetting Dr Who/David Tennant, (the reader gives a final choking gasp and faints on the carpet) let me give you the lowdown:

The Award for the absolute BEST present goes to...An MP3 player from my Dad!!!! It's BRILLIANT!!! Wooooooo! Yes, I was aboslutely deeeeeeeeelighted with that. I have put lots of music on there, most of it being KT Tunstall. Her music ROCKS, I have just discovered. As well as Dido, the Beatles, Lemar etc.

This is narrowly, very narrowly, followed by...The Complete First Dr Who series boxset. And by first series I mean the one with Christopher E in it. YYYEEEESSSSS!!! It was brilliant! I have watched the first five since then and there are even more excellent than I remember. Exccellent! ....trying desperately hard not to say "Fantastic!"

The award for the most bizarre present goes to...A big, very cute teddy bear from my Granny. This wasn't weird in itself, but then I saw the label. I quote:

"Henry Warmheart - Contains a special blend of treated flax seed and a hint of lavender. Heat this adorable bear in a microwave for 2 minutes to provide hours of soothing warmth and comfort."

Blimey. I have NEVER come across a microwaveable teddy before. I have to say it's a novel idea, but I probably won't ever do it. Something tells me it's immoral and wrong to put a teddy bear (and a very cute one) in the microwave. So it's on my bed, smelling of lavender.

I also recieved:

  • A big squashy pillow thing like the ones you get at the beginning of the Regent Arcade. Also smelling of lavender. Brill.
  • A charm bracelet from my granny.
  • Bracelet from Mum.
  • Fluffy gloves and socks from Mum.
  • A scarf from Mum, but we have agreed to replace it with something else because we doubt whether it is actually a scarf. Long story.
  • A jumper from my Dad's sister.
  • A jacket and jewellrey box from my Dad's brother.
  • KT Tunstall's new album, from my brother.

All of it, absolutely all of it, FANTABULOUS!!!!!

The only thing I didn't get which I would have quite liked was Casanova on DVD, but no matter, for I have £30 pounds from various sources, some of which I can buy it with. Woooo! Though I'll have to do it over the internet because NO DECENT SHOPS SELL IT!!! Not one! Grrr....

So yeah, brilliant Xmas day comprising of eating, watching DVDs (Dodgeball and half of Layer Cake), watching telly (The Importance of being Earnest - terrible. Also saw the next series clips of Dr Who. Nice.), playing Pictionary and having a squashy pillow fight with my cousin Olly, who recieved one the same as me, except it was blue.

Boxing Day, football, WE WON 1-0 AGAINST CHESTER!!!! hahaha. And hopefully, we win beat them again in the new year. Why? Because it is the FA cup third round. And if we beat them, you could get drawn against somebody like Liverpool, or Man Utd. That would be brilliantosoo.

And after the football, after putting more cooly tunes on the player, I shut the door, turned off the light and started Dr Who watching. I got as far as World War Three, and saw the two ones I missed. Woooooooooo!!! Brilliant.

Right, had better go now. I hope you all had a very merry Christmas, and if I don't post again (though I probably will) until 2006, then...have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

P.S. You have GOT to be kidding me. Dr Who got 9.4 million viewers, but Eastenders, for Tennant's sake, got 10.something????? Eastenders is CRAP!!!

P.S.S. Worship Tennant. Without him the Tardis would be dusty and empty.

P.S.S.S. Though, I suppose Christopher Eccleston deserves a mention in that department, now I've been viewing his performance over again. Byeeee!

2 Comments:

  • I will, most certainly, watch it within the week. Or I will stop living.

    And my Mum suspects me of "talking excessively to Elizabeth" because I was talking about liberalism and communism and stuff. I told her you haven't been oozing liberalism as far as I know. Not that talking to you is a bad thing, she just thought that it was you who gave me the ideas. Right, must go and watch Dr Who...peace.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 AM  

  • Oh I can't wait for you post-Christmas Invasion post... :)

    By Blogger Anna Lowman (annawaits), at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home