Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Oooh...David Wenham...

After several days of thinking and comtemplating and indeed watching, the smarting Doctor Who wound is beginning to heal. I have to wait six more months, and then another three after that. Hmm. Will be difficult. But I'm weining myself off it, slowly. David Tennant!

Rose, you were fantastic. Aboslutely fantastic! And y'know what? So was I! *Transform!*

I have now moved on to Lord of the Rings. Finished the Return of the King earlier. I have lost count of the amount of battles in it! Rohan, Gondor, Mordor, etc. Also have been viewing Lynn's rather excellent website, Corner of [Sean] Bean. And she has been showing me her cartoons of the characters. They're brilliant! One of them is with Arwen and Aragorn, and it goes along the lines of:

Arwen: That's not my bra.
Aragorn: *nervous twitch* I'm sorry?
Arwen: I said, THAT'S NOT MY BRA!!!!
Aragorn: Um...er...Tea?!? Coffee!?! Biscuits?!?

The best site is jerry the frog productions. It has puppet shows of the films. In the fellowship:

Elrond: OK, there's nine of you. Why don't we each say something about ourselves?

Frodo: I'm an angst incarnate.
Aragon: I'm a bad-ass incarnate!
Sam: No one can figure out my sexual orientation.
Merry: My life revolves around food and beer.
Pippin: I'm one of the comic-relief duo.
Boromir: I'm an ego-tripping pain in the butt.
Legolas: I'm so pretty it's not even funny.
Gimli: I really need a woman, a prozac, and a haircut.
Gandalf: I should have really won Best Supporting Actor.

And the films are goooood! By watching the first two again after two years, and then the third one for the first time, these have been achieved:

  • Viggo Mortensen has become another object of my affection.
  • I finally understand the whole story (ish).
  • I finally know that Elijah Wood isn't actually English.
  • Sauron was the real enemy, not Saruman.
  • Boromir really IS an ego-tripping pain in the butt.
  • David Wenham is worming his way onto the attraction list. (But since he's really only looks, he's at the bottom).

Ooh, Mum's home. Gotta dash! Please comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home