Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

One that once was is lost...

One ring to rule them all,
One ring to find them.
One ring to bring them all
And in the darkness...bind them.

Woo-hoo! Love Lord of the Rings, but the fellowship has to be my favourite. I love the dramtic beginning, Galadriel etc. I can't remember exactly what she says, I'll have to look it up. anyway, I'm halfway through another rerun of the first film but I chose the internet. So you'd better comment on this; I chose you weird, hug-avoiding bloggers over gorgeous Viggo Mortensen swordfighting at every opportunity with a dramitic operatic score!

It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing...

It's weird; when I first saw the fellowship and towers I didn't think much of them, but now I've seen them again (and the return) I LOVE THEM! Viggo Mortensen, Sean Bean, Ian McKellen, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, Orlando Bloom, John Rys-Davies, Sean Astin, Elijah Wood, YOU ARE THE COOLEST! Phew.

I choose a mortal life...

Also had another urge to watch Vanilla Sky again, straight after I lent it to someone. Practically everyone is deprived of the weird and powerful subconsious of David, the strange allure of Sofia, the hardened, jealous madness of the late Julie. And it always reduces me to tears whenever I watch it. I don't know why! It's not a particularly sad film. *look away if you don't want spoilers* Maybe it's because David realises that his whole relationship was Sofia was never real, that it never happened.

This is a revolution of the mind...

And the music...so brilliant! I'm saving up for the soundtrack on CD. Soul-lifting, dramatic, sometimes a little confusing. Classic.

Do you love me? I mean really love me? Because if you don't...I'll just have to kill you.

Mum having a book club downstairs so it is hard to concentrate. I know for a fact the book has barely been mentioned; gossip before literature. I mean, if Jane Austen had stopped to gossip instead of writing Pride and Predjudice, where would we be now? (Well, spared the dire ugly-Colin-Firth-lake moment) I tried reading it and did not get very far! Did people really used to talk like that? I read very slowly up to the ball, then gave up because my head got swamped.

It is a truth universally acknowled that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.

Hmph. Glad I'm not Victorian.

Boring blog this evening. But I have to discuss my fave films with someone who hasn't seen it or thinks it's boring. (How fight-filled quests and mystery and gorgeous fellowshippers is boring I've no idea.) And Vanilla Sly isn't boring. Maybe not explosively exciting, but mysterious, beautiful, strange.

Abre los ojos...

I started this ages ago and keep on being put off, so I'll finish. Please comment if you like the films or the quotes!

R.I.P. Julie Gianni.

1 Comments:

  • cahn i say that I don't think collin firth is uugly? and that I also love the fellowship of the ring

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home