Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Sunday, June 12, 2005

The amazing and blogtastic adventures of the frozen kipper

Huzzah, my wonderful readers! Ros is back!

Since I have a stupid, useless Geography exam tomorrow, I have been revising most of the day. Surprisingly, I have found a way to do it without wanting to beat myself and Miss Jenkinson over the head with a frozen kipper. I took my book (and about sixty tonnes of sweets) down to Burrow's field and revised in this BIG tree split in half by lightning.

And it was nice and relaxing and afterwards I climbed the length of the massive tree (which has lots of branches that go in all directions) and pretended to be running away from a mad axe-man. Which was fun, in a Ros-retarded way (yay for The Retarded Ones!), and was good exercise except I slipped on a tree root (just like Ron!) and fell into the stream.

Darn it, I'm so accident prone! I am always banging my head and stubbing my toe and tripping on the stairs. Recently I climbed onto my brother's bed to put a video back on his shelf and I tripped and fell off the bed!

The Ballinger house is a death trap.

V. intriged by conversation over the poulet, legumes et gravy (what is French for gravy? SOMEONE POST ANSWER!) Mum and Dad want to go skiing again, which I don't mind doing, really. Ish. Sock. But they ALSO said that there was a chance that we COULD (only could, certainly not certain or anything yet, just an idea) go to CUBA with a couple of Mum and Dad's friends.

Just an opportunity we have.

Me and Joe BOTH want to go there, because it is very far away (South America, my Dad informed me; I thought it was in Spain. Thank the holy Viggo Mortensen I'm not doing Gepgraphy next year) and hot and sunny and there are nice beaches with warm sea. Luvvly Jubbly!

The problem is, big ideas like this come up in my family, and they are big for a while, then they're forgotten. But hopefully this idea will not be forgotten because it sounds good to me and to my grumpy brother.

Hmm. Things to talk about....

Doctor Who was ACE last night! My Dad, sadly does NOT agree. The only bit he liked was the very ending, when two million daleks were yelling "EX-TER-MIN-ATE!!!" at the same time. I have to admit, that bit was rather impressive. But the rest of it was brilliant! I loved Davina Droid, and Zu-zana, and Trin-ee, and the Anne droid! Class, total class.

I can't help but wonder, though. Next week, since it is the last episode (*bursts into hysterical, manically depressive tears and reaches for the frozen kipper*) will he transform into the next Doctor, i.e. David Tennant? (*tears instantly turn to drool and the frozen kipper is flung aside*) He can't be, thinking about it, cos they only picked David Tennant a few weeks ago, and the series was filmed ages aho. The next series isn't until 2006.

2006!!!!!!!! I will DIE before I have to wait that long! A year without Doctor Who! (*grabs the kipper again.*)

Although, the telly at the weekend is still brill. Apart from head-crashingly, fist-beatingly stupid Big Brother (*beats imaginary Davina McCall around the head with kipper*). Lenny Henry, Scrubs, Will and Grace, (which should be re-named Jack and Karen) the Kumars, and eventually, the Simpsons again.

Just when we true yellow fans thought we'd escaped Wimbledon (*kipper gives a spasm of hatred*) taking over it on BBC2, lamety lame Big Brother has to come along and hog the limelight! DAMN RAVE RAGE RANT ANGER!!!!

Whew.

I'm sorry this blog sounds relatively sane, hence extrememly unamusing, but I'm not in a wildly sadistically mad mood at the moment. Still, I like writing blogs, and I like people replying to them! Hint hint. Interested to hear that the great world-taking-over-hair-like-a-hedgehog-fists-like-concrete individual that has a blog (you know who you are) likes watching scrubs. I thought that a slapstick, weird, truly brilliant comedy like that was too...too...undeep for him.

Shallow. That's the word. Sock.

I have written a lot! Mainly because I have mostly nothing to do. I've been on the Sims 2 most of the evening, and created my own city and put two people in it and now they are dating. It's weird; all these random people keep walking past the house. I didn't even move them into Ros City! Creepy. Maybe they're stalking Enya and...um...what's her name? (*kipper sighs with annoyance at lack of violence as Ros thinks*) Someone.

Can you get stalked by a computer-person thingy? Can you be addicted to calpol? (Consult Emily Chittock to find out what I'm gibbering about.) Does life REALLY have a meaning? Is Hitler actually alive? Did Humpty Dumpty fall off the wall...or was he pushed?

Legolas walks on the snow! Hmph. Typical. The wonderful little bimbo pretty boy everyone loves gets to walk on the snow, while wonderful, fantastically gorgeous heirs to the throne of Gondor have to struggle though thick, freezing snowdrifts with a Hobbit on each arm. There is no justice!

And plus, none of the fellowship are women. In fact, there are only two principal females in the whole trilogy. TWO! Sexist Tolkein. Arwen and...oh God...Eowyn? Is that her name? Anyway, they'd be good in the fellowship; they can both fight and stuff.

Oh hell I'm bored now. Farewell! Please comment!

1 Comments:

  • Would the big-tree-spilt-in-half-by-lightning be the one behind all of the rushes at the side of Burrow's Field? If so, that's where your brother, my brother and I spent much of the Summer of our Year 5, climbing that tree, hacking paths in the undergrowth and generally exploring. Falling in the stream isn't anything new - we built a brilliant little bridge out of this wooden plank we found, but when we brought Big Tim (Mytton) to see our 'den' it collapsed under his weight!

    PS I was quite worried about the bit in Friday's Scrubs where JD is concerned about messing up his hair wearing a bike helmet - I had said virtually the same thing to Gibson that very day. Even more worrying was Dr Cox's response (if you can remember it).

    PPS The French for gravy is '(le) jus de viande'

    PPPS This is a long comment to go with a very long post

    PPPPS You're not alone - I have to revise geography now, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home