Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Oh Lordy, it's been a good day.

Contents of the envelope?

Drama - A*
English Lang. - A*
English Lit. - A*
History - A
Maths - A
Science - B
Science - B

Luckily, the photographer exited in time to fail to capture my rather loud scream of joy.

Hurrah! HURRAH! All that work paid off! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am with all of that. A* in Drama! B in Science! A bloody A in Maths! Three years ago that would have been complete unimaginable. I am all set to rock and roll in September; everything is sorted, and I have more that enough points to get in and do the subjects I want to do.

Such a good day. Me and Kat stuck around school for a while saying hello to people and waiting for Tash to arrive. They both did fantastically; a string of As and A*s for them.

The rest of the day was spent in what I called "exam result afterglow", which basically meant Kat and I wandering around in the blazing sun and eating extremely unhealthy food. That, and lounging around in Montpellier Gardens with a bunch of boys throwing sweets at each other.

...oh, and eating cream doughnuts whilst reading Jane Eyre on a park bench.

Anyway, my parents and grandparents were very pleased, and I was taken out for haddock and chips to celebrate. Once again...hurrah!

In less than a year's time, it'll be AS results. Eep. Still, at least there'll only be four.

(They'll just be about four times as hard.)

Anyway, had better go. Farewell!


P.S. I never did get round to talking about the writing course, did I? Check this out...

(I have two shots near the beginning, and I deeply apologise for the second one; I'm doing some kind of absurd mime and my braces seem to be inhibiting my speech. Plus, my hair is crap. I don't usually look that bad!)

(Oh, and in that last shot, I'm the one kneeling in the front row at the end, with the short blue skirt.)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Congratulations!! I never doubted you'd do brilliantly. Enjoy the boys and sweets and doughnuts and Jane Eyre, there is no better way to celebrate.

    By Blogger Marie, at 1:36 AM  

  • Congratulations on the science! (and the others as well :D)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 PM  

  • Am sorry to not have dropped by before but a FABULOUS well done. See, we knew you could do it!

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home