Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Oh, God.

The 2008 Gloucestershire Cheese Rolling is a featured video on youtube today; consisting of reckless, stupid people dashing down a hill, breaking their legs and ankles chasing a bloody cheese. A couple of years ago somebody broke their neck, apparently. Or did some serious damage to it, anyway.

I've lived in this county my whole life, but I still find this tradition the stupidest, most idiotic thing around. Call me a kill-joy, but that's what I think.

As a representative of Gloucestershire, I'd just like to put it out there that we're not all that thick and desperate for attention.

(Also, incidentally, the village in Hot Fuzz is portrayed at being in Gloucestershire. And Cheltenham Ladies College is filled with "pretentious shits" according to St Trinians. AND, whenever Gloucestershire seems to be mentioned on television, by comedians, there are always references to stupid farmers and West-Country idiots. Again, kill-joy, but I didn't realise quite how we were regarded. Still, I suppose there are sterotypes for cities across the country. But, frankly, videos of idiots chasing bloody cheese doesn't help the image.)

Review of Doctor Who coming up. Bit too pissed off to write it now.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Pissed off about the cheese, Gloucester stereotypes or Doctor Who?

    PS glad the exams are done!

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home