Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Similar to the mind-altering excitement I've mentioned before, but not nearly as extreme, you know when you love something so quickly, and so utterly, that the glee rises into your throat and you just laugh with the brilliance of it?

Two words: Frank Sinatra.

Oh, my God. Already loving the song Beyond the Sea beyond reason, I bought a Sinatra album today to listen to the rest of it, and I'm only on track 4 (Luck be a Lady), and I've fallen totally in love with his music already.

The best is yet to come, and babe, won't it be fine?

Oh, oh...! This is happening right now, at this very moment; the song Bewitched just came on, and it's the song Posner sings in The History Boys; gah...*falls even more in love*. I had no idea Frank sang it! And how Posner changes the lyrics; worshipping the trousers that cling to him. Oh, you lovely boy.

Eeeee! I can barely get the words out, I love this so much. I am undergoing a Sinatra-influenced transformation. Does that make any sense? Didn't think so. I don't care, somehow.

Oh, dear. I was meant to make a meaningful, political post, and Frank Sinatra has thrown that out of the window. The Good Life just came on. I'll be over here in the corner, bathing in his voice and the saxophones and violins, like the bobby soxer I've suddenly become. All I need is a poodle skirt, and I'm set. Honestly.

So long, sailing, bye-bye...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • It has to be said that Songs for Swinging Lovers and A Swinging Affair remain two fave albums. Of course it helps that the first time I visited my partner he serenaded me with those two albums as we ate mushroom pizza and drank red wine...

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home