Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Friday, May 09, 2008


OKAY. I ADMIT IT FREELY. I think, after watching Trick or Treat, I have developed a massive crush on Derren Brown. I've suspected it for a while now, actually.

Is that weird?

I can't help it. I know he makes a living out of influencing people's minds and performing strange experiments, but he's incredibly calm and clever and sarky while he does it. Plus, y'know, gorgeous.

Hmm. I would give anything to meet him and see him in action. I find Trick or Treat fascinating and faintly terrifying - the impact on the people involved must be huge.

(I get the feeling I would fall very easily for one of his tricks; every time I watch his programme I look out for clues that he leaves early on, but I always miss a couple, and I know that it must be completely different when you're actually caught up in the moment.

David Tennant is due for a Trick/Treat soon. Christ, both of them on screen at the same time; that'll make my Friday!

Come on, Mr Brown...surely there must be some kind of experiment you could play on a group of teenagers? (I have friends who are dying to see him live and prove he's not faking it. You can never know until you see it, after all.)

(And I say the word experiment in an innocent, Derren Brown-style way, obviously.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • He's not as impressive live - a lot more things go wrong than you'd expect, although you're never sure how much that's by design rather than by accident. He's still very good though and I'm planning on seeing him while he's still at that Garrick.

    You know he's gay, BTW? Or is that not an issue ;-)

    By Blogger Rob Buckley, at 4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home