Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"My entire career has been a Secret Plan to get this job. I applied before but I got knocked back cos the BBC wanted someone else. Also I was seven. Anyway, I'm glad the BBC has finally seen the light, and it's a huge honour to be following Russell into the best - and the toughest - job in television. I say "toughest" cos Russell's at my window right now, pointing and laughing."

Hurrah!

We finally have confirmation, and yay!

I may have not mentioned this before, but I mildly hero-worship The Moff; he is a fantastic writer and absolutely hilarious with it. He created Coupling, now he'll be the frontrunner for Doctor Who! Hurrah once more!

(I love Russell, no question, and will miss him, but he's chosen an excellent successor.)

Gah, I can't believe we have to wait two weeks for Silence in the Library, all for bloody Eurovision. EUROVISION. How that manages to take precedence over Doctor Who, I have no idea. Hmph.

Still, I have plenty to do in the meantime. I have an English AS exam tomorrow, which I am pretty confident about (as English is by far my best subject and I love everything we've been studying - particularly John Donne), but the exam nerves are still there, just fluttering beneath the surface. I should be OK.

Anyway, time to be off!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home