Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Friday, May 02, 2008

Oh, God.

I was half-expecting it, but it doesn't make it any less comforting.

It's been a very politically-orientated day, actually; I managed to question an MP who was visiting our school, and me and my friends have been following the council elections all day. I just had to check who ultimately won London before I went to sleep.

I'll say more tomorrow, hopefully (my brain has been buzzing with views on this all day), but for now, my main reaction seems to be summed up thusly; nearly a year ago I went to Pride London and saw Ken Livingstone step up on stage and do a fantastically confident, moving, rousing speech to the crowd, clearly written at the last minute due to bombs having gone off in London the day before the march. Rhetoric or not, it was definitely impressive.

Can we really see Boris doing that? Or acting like anything other than a fool?

I'm disappointed, in short.

Evidently London feels differently.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home