Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Ye Gods, I haven't posted in a week! There again, there hasn't been much to post aboutl; revision, coursework, more revision, even more coursework, and the odd packet of crisps to interlude between all of them.

On the film front, though (which is a very prominent front), I managed to view The Constant Gardener after months of meaning to, and it is fantastic. Simply brilliant, especially the ending. Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz were so good! It was lodged in my head for days; even though I only managed to see it once.

And from watching it, I can really tell that the way I watch films has changedl; instead of paying attention to what's in them, I'm focusing on how everything in it is done; the camera techniques, the dialogue etc. Let's just hope I can put it to good use later on.

Also went to see To Kill a Mockingbird at the theatre with my drama class, but...meh...I wasn't massively impressed. It could've been done better, but there were some brilliant moments, like Bob Ewell spitting right in Atticus' face, for real as well. Urgh.

Ho hum. I've been revising most of today; both for History and for Maths, and call me nuts, but I really think I could do well in Maths. I'm feeling very confident...which is never a good sign. Whatever. If I got an A or A* in Maths, I would be jumping up and down and shrieking. It would be a final pay-out for all the times I've struggled with Maths over the years.

Anyway, am taking a break now. It's quarter to five and it's dark. I'm studiously avoiding going into town and being subjected to the decorations; if I hold off until December, then the build-up won't annoy me so much.

Farewell! Comment! Watch The Constant Gardener!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home