Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Complete fangirly indulgence ahead!

OH SWEET MOTHER OF MERCY.

DAVID TENNANT IS COMING TO THE CHELTENHAM LITERATURE FESTIVAL. WITH CATHERINE TATE.


DAVID TENNANT IS COMING TO MY TOWN! HE'S COMING HERE!


CAN'T STOP CAPSLOCKING.


...sorry. But SQUEEEEE! Hurrah! It's not until October, and for all I know he could cancel (he's a busy man, after all, and after the fiasco we had with Russell Brand I'm not completely trusting), but if I manage to get tickets then I will see him twice in two months; first at Hamlet, then in Cheltenham. Seriously. HE'S COMING HERE. SERIOUSLY.


Christ; been a fan since mid-2005 (before Doctor Who, contrary to what a lot of my friends think), never seen him in the flesh, then twice in two months! I am dashing to the box office as soon as I can and finding things out. Those tickets will go like hot-cakes.


I could never miss out on that. Imagine how I'd feel if I did! I'd go the whole day thinking David Tennant is less than a mile away from me, and I won't get to see him! I hope it's not on a Saturday; I won't be able to take any more days off work.


ANYWAY. Drifting. It's not until October; I have time. Still, super-excited! Bweeee!


Had better go and pack overnight things for tomorrow, or as I'm calling it, Barrowman Day. Ohohoho. This is going to be good. I did some probing, though, and it turns out that he doesn't greet people stage-door on this tour. I was a little miffed, but it's my fault, really; I underestimated the size of this tour. I mean, I'm seeing him at the Portsmouth Guildhall, and I had NO idea what it looked like until yesterday. Look! It even has pillars!





If John appeared at the stage door he'd be mobbed. I didn't realise how massive all of his venues were. Still, I don't really care. Live! Seeing him LIVE! And from what I've heard so far from other fans, it promises to be a brilliant show. And, with any luck (although my original plan of asking him for confirmation has now been scrapped), he'll be appearing at Pride London again, so off on another trip! Tara will come with me and Emma this time, so God knows what's going to happen to Barrowman when we've finished with him.


(Psh - finish with him. Who am I kidding? We'll just stand in the middle of the street with our mouths open like we did last time. Still, we weren't expecting him last time, so you've got to allow a little mitigating circumstance for the frozenness.)


RIGHT. HAVE TO GO.


Will report back mid-Saturday, possibly with pictures. Wish me luck, people! I'll see you on the capitalised side.


This is going to be spectacular.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Hmmm... well am due to see him at RSC around that same time so I hope he doesn't ditch performing at Stratford for seeing you! (Only teasing: he can do both, can't he?)

    Anyway, you beat me to it as I was totally gonna go WHEE on your behalf when I read this news!

    Enjoy JB - my friend went the other week (I should have gone too but health, blah blah) and she said he was awesome.

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 1:52 AM  

  • Not too late to apply for work experience at the literary festival...

    By Blogger Marie, at 6:15 PM  

  • Pity the word is now that David won't be at the Cheltenham festival: hope you managed to get yourself to Gloucester for the filming...

    By Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home