Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Delight the future; create happy outcomes.

Screw a message from the Queen, my new obsession Ben Okri says it all about the beauty of Winter;

And while Autumn dallies
With the West wind and the weeping nightingales,
And while Winter clears its sonorous throat
At the Antipodean banquets
Preparing for a speech of hoarfrost
And icicles conjured from living breath;
I want you to tell everyone,
Through trumpets played with the fragrance of roses,
That a mysterious reason has brought us all together.
Here,
Now,
Under the all-seeing eye of the sun.

Extract is from Ben Okri's poem Lines in Potensis; there's a reading of it on youtube if you look for "Ben Okri".

Anyway, merry Christmas! Have a lovely day and have lots of fun. I'm currently struggling to get a poem finished and wrap up some presents; my brother is making slightly sub-par cocktails for my parents using whatever he can find around the house, and me and my Dad just finished watching Toy Story 2, a film that's very close to both of our hearts, for various reasons.

Happy Christmas! Talk to you soon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home