Wild and Wandering Thoughts of a frizz-laden loon

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yay!

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THIS IS BRILLIANT.

Right; I was in the library earlier, checking the UCAS website (as I tend to obsessively do), not really expecting anything new, when BAM! I have a conditional offer from Cardiff. Cue flailing and joy on my part, which slighty diminishes when I find out they appeared to have offered me a place for a different course than what I applied for. Hmm. I told myself I would wait for the letter to come, and if it offered no explanation, then contact them and try and change it.

Anyway, I got home and had another look at the site, just to clarify the offer, then left it on screen whilst I watched Survivors on BBC iplayer. My Mum came home about fifteen minutes ago and asked to have a look at the offer; I tried to get back to the page but I'd been logged out automatically.

I refresh, log in, and lo and behold...another offer. From Warwick.

TWO OFFERS IN ONE DAY!!!

I am currently leaping around with excitement; I spend nearly all of yesterday evening complaining about being left in the loop, and I get two in one day!

Happy, happy, happy!

*dances*

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Many congrats on all three of your offers Rosby. Hope you find the right place for you. Loving your posts about choosing uni as it's taking me right back and making me not feel quite so ancient. Sadly enough as my six year old would say like your parents I remember 17 years as if it were yesterday. It's really scary how that creeps up on you!

    Re the Oxbridge thing, I did go for it and didn't get in. Was disappointed at the time, but I ended up at Liverpool which I loved and was much more "me" then Oxford. It's horses for courses. To thine own self be true and all that.

    Best of luck with your next year. It's a very exciting time in your life, so enjoy! Am not an envious old bag, am not!!

    By Blogger Jane Henry, at 1:02 PM  

  • Excellent news. Do you know where you'd most like to go if you get all your offers?

    By Blogger Marie, at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home